TheRadioTower

Ben...

Post by TheRadioTower »

*shakes head*

aurorawest

Re: Ben...

Post by aurorawest »

TheRadioTower wrote:*shakes head*
So disappointing. I don't know why he got redeemed if he's just going to start killing people again.

Anyone else think Ben is going to be the next Smokey?

vickih

Post by vickih »

At this point I am very disappointed. It was so typical of what Ben would do.
What I would like to happen is for Ben to have staged the shooting with Widmore meaning Widmore is not dead. And Ben is working against MIB (conning him).
But if Ben is just the same bad Ben trying to get revenge against Widmore and anyone else then that sucks................... and i wouldn't consider it lazy writing.

Vince

Post by Vince »

I feel pretty confident that Ben is/was conning Smokey. He wanted to kill Widmore for his own personal reasons and so he jumped at the chance. He then he spun that as "proof" to Smokey that he was on board with the plan. Ben is surviving. That moment on the porch chair, in my opinion, was Ben steeling himself for the biggest life-and-death lying he's ever had to do. And this time he is the good guy. Ben's plan is/was to wait for his chance and then strike, just like Jack pushing Smokey into the water. Of course, now Smokey has told Ben he's going to destroy The Island so maybe the deals off and Ben will need a Plan B. Also, Ben gave Miles the walkie and that should come to something.

bosstakesforever

Post by bosstakesforever »

Also, Ben gave Miles the walkie and that should come to something.
This. They spent a good few seconds there establishing the walkie distribution so yeah... I can only imagine that Ben, as per usual, has a plan. Besides, his expression after being offered the island or whatever by Smokey was pretty much one of disgust and self-loathing.

As for his Widmore 'betrayal' specifically... it seems there might have been a few reasons. One of them personal, the other being a trust-building exercise with Smokey?
Perhaps he wanted/needed to hear Widmore's intentions.

David3

Post by David3 »

If they show the walkie scene again on the previous on Lost, you'll know right away that Ben in conning Locke in Black.

CorpsesAndChaos

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

maybe Miles will talk to Ben from the outrigger that gets shot at before the flash?
/sarcasm

i agree with Vince to a degree about Ben pulling a con and him having his motives established to kill Widmore when they showed the MENARD's fence where Alex was buried. that said, why the hell did Ben have some retarded rule with Widmore to wait until now to kill him? its almost like they had some forethought that they couldnt kill eachother before the loophole happened otherwise it was be paradoxical. genius writing.

either way, im not neither side and have no allegiance to the Losties or smoke monster. torch em all, "LIGHT EM UP!!!!"

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

I'm not disappointed I'm just suprised that Ben manage to fool me once again. This is I think the fourth time I have fallen in the trap of thinking that Ben is finally good before he stabbed me in the back. It could be a long con as people have pointed out, but I also think that seeing Alex's grave combined with the knowledge that Jacob not only came to see Widmore but he also invited him back to the island, may have sent Ben over the edge and back to the dark side again, this time for good.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

Damn, I forgot all about Miles. Wait, where did he go? Forgot about the walkie deal too. Gonna have to re-watch.

I think a lot of what we're seeing from Ben is just self-preservation. Ben is all about Ben, and his intentions/plans can change like the drop of a hat, depending on the situation. I think we have another twist yet for Ben where he ends up with some sort of final redemption. And yeah, I think with Widmore, he's just really been wanting to kill him since Alex was killed, and probably before. Perfect opportunity.

I'm pretty disappointed with Widmore. I expected bigger things. He brought Desmond back, so kudos for that, but otherwise, he seems dreadful at carrying out a plan. What the hell was he even doing at the barracks with dirty Tina Fey? Nevermind, I just thought of one thing he and dirty Tina could have been doing.

vickih

Post by vickih »

im convinced that Widmore is dead.

Return to “6x16: What They Died For”