Choice

CorpsesAndChaos

Choice

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

debated in the podcast... but heres the kicker:

a) why is Jacob "relegating" choice at all? to even be in that position of doling out "choice" means youre already setting up boundaries on autonomy. ironically, Metallica covered that succinctly in 1988, "You can do it your own way, if its done just how I say. Independence limited. Freedom of choice is made for you, my friend... Freedom with their exception." Jacob just directs people into his game, to clean up his mess, and have no real choice to not play, escape or exit.

b) the notion of "flawed humanity" is disappointing in the show (ie: see Daniel Quinn's crappy book Story of B for best argument against this misanthropic, ex-habitant perspective)
To you, Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism look very different, but to me they look the same. Many of you would say that something like Buddhism doesn't even belong in this list, since it doesn't link salvation to divine worship, but to me this is just a quibble. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Hinduism all perceive human beings as flawed, wounded creatures in need of salvation, and all rely fundamentally on revelations that spell out how salvation is to be attained, either by departing from this life or by rising above it. - D. Quinn
c) the immature notions of good and "evil incarnate" of all the mentioned ideologies above sets up this whole cheesy game. eliminate the game.

time to grow up Jacob

Return to “6x16: What They Died For”