True Blood (AKA Sookie's Adventures)

Got ideas you want us to talk about?
Silentbob

True Blood (AKA Sookie's Adventures)

Post by Silentbob »

hopefully C&J will make a whole true blood section eventually, but if you guys are gonna be podcasting regularly about it, or even semi regularly whenever there's a really crazy episode, i figure we should have a thread about it.

i have theory, not mine personally, but one i'd like to share about who told the church about sookie. i think it was the female Dallas vampire that claude loves so much. my reasons are thus: first, when sookie read her husbands mind, he seemed glamored. now, i don't know if these effects last without the vampire's presence, but his thoughts didn't seem sincere. he was just chanting "forever" over and over again. second, my friend that also watches the show said that when they were dragging sookie and the fake husband into the basement, there is a shot of them forcefully pulling sookie down, but in the corner, you can see that the fake husband guy is just standing up. i've yet to check that, and it could be total BS, but it sounds right.

i also get the idea that the vampires emerged about a year in change ago. it seems that things have settled, and everyone is somewhat calm, but they keep their guard up. think civil rights. even after minorities were considered equal under the law, there were people around, months, years, and even now, that still have their prejudices about the other races. there is still racial tension today, and it will probably be around for a long time. think that, but vampires. so "the great emerging" or whatever the hell they call it on the show, could have happened five, ten, maybe even twenty years ago. the point is that they are still somewhat new to the outside world. they've been around for a short while, but there is still plenty of tension. in the civil rights metaphor, the show takes place around the late 60s, early 70s or America's development towards equality.

Jen

Re: True Blood (AKA Sookie's Adventures)

Post by Jen »

how do we reconcile the elaborate build up and ceremonial capture of sam with maryann's claim early in the season that "this" has nothing to do with sam, and then meaningfully looking at tara and eggs (real name benedit. remember?) did she just mean that night? was she lying? is it still all about her/them?

vickih

Post by vickih »

i just caught up with True Blood as of yesterday.
We is MaryAnn(name?). is she the devil? why don't the vampires know about her? i didn't expect them to throw this character in with the vampire theme.

vickih

Post by vickih »

Spoiler
We'll be saying goodbye to at least one character next season on True Blood, executive producer Alan Ball tells TVGuide.com exclusively.

"Somebody is going to bite the dust and it's going to be really good to see them get what they deserve," Ball says.

The only clue the Blood boss would reveal is that "it's a person we'll be happy to see go."

The HBO drama is set to return next summer for its third season.

So who could this mystery person be? Who's death will actually make the fans happy?

I wonder who it is?
Spoiler
Could it be Sookie's brother? Just my guess...

Return to “Topics”