The pilot

Second episode of the fourth season.
Stephen
Site Admin

The pilot

Post by Stephen »

The only person from the faux crash we saw was the pilot. Smokey stole the pilot! Is Smokey in cahoots with the people who made the fake plane?

Speaking of the plane, maybe that was all a miniature. It can't be recovered, how convenient. Maybe they will forget where it is too.

Perry

Smokey/Re: The pilot

Post by Perry »

Stephen wrote:The only person from the faux crash we saw was the pilot. Smokey stole the pilot! Is Smokey in cahoots with the people who made the fake plane?...
Well we did see the pilot up in the tree after Smokey killed him, unless you're saying it killed and dumped him, and then came back later to pick up the body, stole the ring to give to Jacob as a gift and then flew over to the Sunda Trench.

Oh and I highly doubt Smokey can fly. I think it has to be restricted to be "connected" or limited to being a certain distance from some underground system. (Blast Door Map [Cerberus vents], never seen it go above a metre [or i should say a few feet for most of the people in these forums] above the ground) And if you're going to say "why didn't it go underground to get to Juliet and Kate" when it smashed into the sonic fence, well I think that Smokey is created (ie. technology) and the sonic fence wasn't in its designs and it doesn't have AI so it wouldn't figure out to just go underground. Also it has no doubt smashed into that fence before and if it had AI it wouldn't have bothered trying to get through the time we saw it.

My thoughts on Smokey makes me tend to agree with Claude's stance that Jacob or the island is the thing doing manifestations and Smokey is the decoy the writers are putting out there as a shape-shifting creature that forms these things.

Return to “4x02: Confirmed Dead”