Overflowing toilets

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, ??
Post Reply
Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:27 am
Location: Seattle

Overflowing toilets

Post by Stephen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:39 am

This is perhaps one of the funniest, weirdest topics ever discussed on this podcast. Ironically when Justin said something along the lines of "I LOVE overflowing toilets" the water I had been drinking erupted from my mouth in laughter.

Perry
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Perry » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:46 am

Yeh Justin, I'm sorry, but that's a weird thrill you have there.

Jen
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Jen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:03 pm

Stephen wrote:This is perhaps one of the funniest, weirdest topics ever discussed on this podcast. Ironically when Justin said something along the lines of "I LOVE overflowing toilets" the water I had been drinking erupted from my mouth in laughter.
I do love a good spit take. But not an overflowing toilet. Maybe an overflowing sink if i didnt have to clean up

Jen
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Jen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm

i have the feeling that this controversy will divide our once happy family into two camps. so if you want to live, you better go with claude.

Stephen
Site Admin
Posts: 378
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:27 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Stephen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Jen wrote:i have the feeling that this controversy will divide our once happy family into two camps. so if you want to live, you better go with claude.
You have three choices: You can run, you can hide, or you can DIE.

I wasn't laughing at Justin for his opinions, I was laughing at the discussion.

muttonboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:19 am

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by muttonboy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:08 pm

I'm with Justin on this one, and I really appreciate his fine defense on the subject - even though his excitement teetered on that of a dog that gets so excited when its master comes home it pees on the floor! An overflowing toilet or sink for you, I suspect, is like a pot of milk bubbling up and over on the stove for me. Though it's a mess to clean up, there is something about that instant of overflowing, that moment of barrier breaking - that it does seem like it should stop and contain itself and settle down, but then POW it's over - that is exhilarating on all levels!

Jen
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Jen » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:29 pm

muttonboy wrote:I'm with Justin on this one, and I really appreciate his fine defense on the subject - even though his excitement teetered on that of a dog that gets so excited when its master comes home it pees on the floor! An overflowing toilet or sink for you, I suspect, is like a pot of milk bubbling up and over on the stove for me. Though it's a mess to clean up, there is something about that instant of overflowing, that moment of barrier breaking - that it does seem like it should stop and contain itself and settle down, but then POW it's over - that is exhilarating on all levels!
so your handle is 'muttonboy' and you boil milk. are you by any chance english? ;)

muttonboy
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:19 am

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by muttonboy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:52 am

so your handle is 'muttonboy' and you boil milk. are you by any chance english? ;)
Close, I am Canadian - we have to boil the milk this time of year to thaw it out...though I did take "English" in university, and am of Scottish decent (thus Mutton-ish) so maybe I'm an honourary Brit, who knows! Anyway, try the milk thing - it'll blow your mind. You just put the stove on high and wait...and WHOOSH!!! it's like some magician hidden in the pantry turned a breathmint into a pillow. I just LOVE it!

Claude
Site Admin
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:18 am

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Claude » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:40 am

I'm not a psychologist, but I would content that getting a thrill out of objects breaking barriers is indicative of a certain kind of personality. Like overflowing liquids somehow do something the person wishes they could do. This, of course, isn't a judgment, as we all have strange likes and dislikes, most of which we can blame our parents for.

Jen
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Jen » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:18 pm

muttonboy wrote:it's like some magician hidden in the pantry turned a breathmint into a pillow. I just LOVE it!
I'm not a psychologist, but I would contend that this is the most amazing comparison I have ever heard. You, Joni Mitchell, and universal health care. I'll have to reevaluate my northern neighbors.

evephoenix
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Ohio
Contact:

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by evephoenix » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:24 pm

Claude wrote:I'm not a psychologist, but I would content that getting a thrill out of objects breaking barriers is indicative of a certain kind of personality. Like overflowing liquids somehow do something the person wishes they could do. This, of course, isn't a judgment, as we all have strange likes and dislikes, most of which we can blame our parents for.
Yeah, I think it's kind of a rebellion thing. We're not supposed to like things that break the barrier or don't "conform to the rules." lol That said, I'm with Camp Claude. It's a more sanitary camp!

Claude
Site Admin
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:18 am

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Claude » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:15 am

evephoenix wrote:
Claude wrote:I'm not a psychologist, but I would content that getting a thrill out of objects breaking barriers is indicative of a certain kind of personality. Like overflowing liquids somehow do something the person wishes they could do. This, of course, isn't a judgment, as we all have strange likes and dislikes, most of which we can blame our parents for.
Yeah, I think it's kind of a rebellion thing. We're not supposed to like things that break the barrier or don't "conform to the rules." lol That said, I'm with Camp Claude. It's a more sanitary camp!
Lol! Exactly! Our camp is very sanitary. We don't like messes in this camp. Camp Clean!

Perry
Posts: 352
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:39 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Perry » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:20 am

That's a real tongue twister.
Try and say "Claude's Clean Camp" fast.

Justin
Site Admin
Posts: 180
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:15 am

Re: Overflowing toilets

Post by Justin » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:09 pm

An LLD classic! Can't believe I never replied to this... I stand by everything I said, though I remember none of it!

Post Reply

Return to “Podcast #42”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest