Whispers

La Mujer Otro
Lara

Whispers

Post by Lara »

I was super excited to hear the whispers again last night. I actually paused the tivo, turned to my husband and said "oooh, ooooh, the whispers, that means somethin' bad is coming" I LOVE it when Lost returns to something back from season one that we thought they forgot about. One of my favorite parts of Lost is when you realize that what seemed to be insignificant all the sudden has meaning much later. (like the van & Roger workman) And I think they are getting closer to revealing the meaning to the Whispers. (or just hoping)

So here is my new theory: Since we have been told by D & C that the smoke monster is the island's security system, what if the Whispers are a transportation system. No quite a 'beam me up Scottie'. But actually it could be connected to some sort of underground tunnel system that can transport people like on railway mining carts, and it makes a whispering sound when it opens. This is not the first time that we heard whispers then someone (an other) appears out of nowhere. My super crazy side theory is that it could work like the tubes at the bank. We already saw that they used these to put the reports in the field. They could have a bigger one for people & supplies. Remember the supply drop that D & C said was not dropped just 'cause it had a parashoot on it? hmmmm. . . And the bank tubes make kind of a whooshing sound that could resemble whispering if you stretch it. And this might also explain why Smokey tried to pull Locke underground. Maybe to the tubes.

So what do you think? I can take it if you think I am nuts (I did get Hurley on the character quiz)

tanner

Re: Whispers

Post by tanner »

Everyone (including myself) seemed to think the whispers were a thing of the past and never coming back... So my question is this: Should we get our hopes up for a return of the Blast Door map?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

tanner wrote:Everyone (including myself) seemed to think the whispers were a thing of the past and never coming back... So my question is this: Should we get our hopes up for a return of the Blast Door map?

If the blast door map survived the "implosion," I think I'll implode.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Claude wrote:
tanner wrote:Everyone (including myself) seemed to think the whispers were a thing of the past and never coming back... So my question is this: Should we get our hopes up for a return of the Blast Door map?

If the blast door map survived the "implosion," I think I'll implode.
I dunno, it looked like a pretty tough door. I want someone to go exploring in that hole lined with metal where the Swan station used to be.

phat_cartman

Post by phat_cartman »

Claude wrote:If the blast door map survived the "implosion," I think I'll implode.
Jeez, don't go imploding, we *need* TLLD to much for that to happen. But seriously, Desmond survived the blast and he was at ground zero. The blast door is a door designed specifically to survive, a, um, well a blast! So I wouldn't be surprised if they find it laying around the jungle floor in season six... or better yet, some archaeologist will find it in Nigeria and it will be 500 years old. But ultimately I think you're right (was there any doubt :-) ) and the writers will be fickle here, saying Desmond got thrown free and everything else was destroyed, or some such nonsense.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

A lot of stuff survived that blast - Desmond, the picture of Penny and him, part of the exercise bike, heck even a slightly warped vinyl!!! I can see the map found floating out on the sea...maybe Michael and Walt are on it - - - which is KILLING me: the build-up is too much! Mike HAS to be the man on the boat, but now it's too obvious, so he shouldn't be...but if he's a main character this season then what the heck?!!??! UGH

Claude: Be careful and don't implode for your own good my friend! I have every confidence that you could still continue on with the Lowdown, but by imploding you would become very TINY and very DENSE - maybe not to the extreme of a Black Hole, but somewhat like a plasticy G.I.Joe (circa the '40s) - which would hinder your volume on the podcast and make you susceptible to Justin CRUSHING YOU WHEN YOU VOICE YOUR OPINION.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

The whispers are just like the visions of yemi/christian/kate's horse/etc. but in audio form.

Lara

Post by Lara »

You-Know-Who wrote:The whispers are just like the visions of yemi/christian/kate's horse/etc. but in audio form.
but the visions seem to have a purpose, the whispers seem more random. For example yemi wanted his brother to repent and Walt wanted Locke to get off his @$$.

Return to “4x06: The Other Woman”