Regina isn't dead.

Probably a Charlie episode.
Stephen
Site Admin

Regina isn't dead.

Post by Stephen »

I can think of three possibilities:
  • Regina was weighing herself down to enter an underwater station, a la Charlie.
  • Regina is the saboteur. She was diving to drill a hole in the hull of the ship.
  • The island barrier only goes so deep, and she intends to swim under it, possibly being met by the helicopter on the other side.
In any case, the captain may be in cahoots with 'Gina. He told his cronies and our heroes not to save her because he knew her mission.

Jen

Re: Regina isn't dead.

Post by Jen »

i like this theory and i hope it is true.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I think Regina is dead largely because I think they're trying to illustrate the state of the crew on the ship. If she's not dead, then they aren't making the statement "this is how bad things are." The captain stated cabin fever, we saw the "head level" gun shot wound. I think we're dealing with the classic "sickness" that we've all heard so much about. And let's not forget which of those few Losties who really know about the sickness, the prime suspect is Sayid. And where is he? In the epicenter of this chaos!! He's got knowledge of the Sickness (from Danielle) and the fortitude (an memory) to ask about it.

And, if this is how the writers decide to address the sickness, I think I'll give them points for creativity. I mean it's simple. How best to show how/why a "ship crew" could go crazy then to actually show it. And when we all figure it out (when it becomes quite clear) then we'll all be like "Ah, yeah! The sickness!" It's brilliant in it's simplicity. And often times, Lost is simple. And other times, well, those are the long podcasts.

So, -I'm saying that I hope the S.S. LOST is on a bearing towards discussing the sickness, and Regina NOT dying would put it off this course (pun intended).

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

I'm with Jen on this: I HOPE it's true. I mean, the upside down book could be a foreshadow of an "upside-down" world a la Pirate's O' The Caribbean, where the dead somehow inhabit a flipped world. For all we know, the Island IS just under the surface of the water - upside downish...

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

I'm with Claude on this: Sometimes people forgot that the simplest answer is usually the best one.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

This wasn't a totally serious theory.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Ah, of course. ;-)

Return to “4x07: Ji Yeon”