General Reactions...

Probably a Charlie episode.
muttonboy

General Reactions...

Post by muttonboy »

1. Actually a very good episode - not overly boring, not too mind-blowing...

2. So Jin faked his own death...is Mr. Paik involved???

3. Hnnnnnnn! I want more Sawyer & Hurley...

4. (Miles' jaw must be achin')

5. Sun is faking a marriage in China? Why not give up her ring? Is her fake husband aware that he is a fake husband? Is Mr. Paik involved....

6. Sun to Juliet: "Just give me the vitamins." Finally someone just flat out says something. Sun and Sayid should don kevlar and go on a truth seeking mission.

7. Why was there a guard at Sun's hospital door? Is Mr. Paik involved....

8. Dickens' imagery: Regina carrying all her chains.

9. (9+7+16...which is one of The Numbers...is Mr. Paik involved???)

You-Know-Who

Re: General Reactions...

Post by You-Know-Who »

Are you crazy? This episode was such a waste of time, the sun/jin scenes were boring...I just don't care that much about all this melodrama affair stuff... I mean some of the lines were so cliche ("I thought I lost you"), good thing Yunjin Kim is a good actress and can make them seem less cringe-worthy.
Sure the reveal at the end of the flashfoward was cool but the bulk of it (mostly revolving around a toy panda for god-sakes!) was mind-numbing.
The only good part was the boat scenes... and there really wasn't much there, the writers were just slow-poking to the inevitable Michael revelation (I was right about the "Kevin Jones" thing).
And don't even get me started on that Benard and Jin scene...

The thing with Lost is that some episodes are incredibly spectacular (The Constant), so when they do an episode centered more around an "emotional" story-line it's doubly disappointing. I'm not saying that they shouldn't have character development, just mix it in with action and mythology. Perfect example is The Constant, there was a lot of Desmond/Penny character development going on but it was at the same time moving the story along at a satisfying pace.

Hopefully next week will be much better (I think it will).

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

I AM crazy!!!! I think I just realized that Jin's portion was a FLASHBACK...that's brave. Maybe not way-out-there impressive, but brave. A lot of grannies and granpies watching this I ga-hairr-on-tee did not follow that...

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Ohhhhh, wow. I feel stupid. I thought he was doing this whole pretend-I'm-dead thing to protect Sun or something.
I'm kinda tired, so I was just sitting back and relaxing and watching Lost so I totally didn't catch that, it just reminds me that I should always pay sharp attention when watching this show, it was a Sun and Jin episode, you can't blame for thinking I could slack!
Wow, this episode is actually more interesting than I thought...

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

What a strange episdoe. Some parts were good, some were boring, and some were just lame.

Best part: when the captain asks "What can I do for you?" and Sayid goes "WHAT!?" I said the exact same thing at the same time.

And yes, this trumps the Michael reveal, sadly.

Savard

Post by Savard »

Just watched the episode. Good one! nice thing they pulled off with ethe flashforward/-back thing! BIIIG "WHOOOT!?!?" moment at the end! Generally, the pace has cooled down a bit, and I am fine with it. I mean, they cannot continue at this fast pace till the end of the show, it would all be waaaay to dense - and complicated probably. The quality would suffer a lot. The show isn't just about the Island's secrets, but also about the people on the island, and I think they did a very good job here moving the Jin/Sun story forward.

Perry

Post by Perry »

I was watching from the very beginning trying to somehow make it a flashback, even when seeing Sun pregnant. Clearly it was obvious Sun's wasn't when they said Oceanic 6, but when it was "revealed" that Jin's was a flashback I was kinda not really shocked too much since I was at all times trying to make it a flashback in my head.
Suppose crazy people will still argue that something weird happened with the barrier and it was a flash forward still.

Plus I think it's clear that, unless the barrier also messed with Sun n Hurley, Jin is in fact dead and they merely told press, funeral home etc that he died in the crash, to keep up the 6's story, which is why his tombstone said that.

Overall I thought it was OK, probably a 6/10. 7/10 if they'd pulled the whole Michael thing off secretly and better even if we fans would have probably still figured it was him even without the Comic-Con and credits.

Oh, and I really hope Michael is just lying and the barrier didn't fuck with him. I don't think I can handle too many more people going crazy.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

First they kill Minkowski now they kill Regina? Wtf. 'Gina's death was awfully contrived if you ask me... And who committed suicide in Sayid and Desmond's room? Walt?

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

I know, it seems like they don't want us to get to attached to any of the freighties.
If you heard the interview with Darlton Jay and Jack had, Damon said because they're a only doing 5 more eps some of the storylines of the freighter folk won't be resolved THIS Season.
I feel like there are a few factions of the freighties, Regina, Frank, and Dan, are more sympathetic to the Losties but they don't have much power. Miles is out for himself, and Charlottes is there for her research. The Captain, The Doctor, and the crew members are just taking ordors from widmore and doing what they're told.
I don't know what that blood stain was about, but I think it's connected to the pipe banging we heard before. Maybe the Doctor did a bad surgery.

JanicM

Post by JanicM »

I dont know about you but the "flashforward / flashback" twist wasnt a twist at all imo. Took me two things be 100% sure:
-Sun starting to call for Jin under the influence of pain killers
-A clear shot of Jin's out-dated cell phone

These are pretty obvious hints on their own but the fact that they have both been used before in the Season 3 finale makes it just too easy to figure out. (Jack using a Motorola KRZR; talking about his father like he's still alive..)
"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it."

Perry

Post by Perry »

Plus if you knew your Chinese zodiac you'd know the year of the Dragon was back in 2000.

Perry

Post by Perry »

You-Know-Who wrote:Hopefully next week will be much better (I think it will).
I thought they were delaying the 8th episode to put it with the other 5. Or is that just what D&C wanted?

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

That's what D&C wanted if the strike continued and that would be the last episode for an indefinite amount of time. I'm not sure who's decision it was but there is an episode next week. After that there will be a five week break. It'll come back at 10 pm on April 24th for episode 9, the two hour finale this year will be broken up between two weeks, but it will still be written as a two hour finale.
Heres the schedule for the remainder of the season:

Episode 4.08 20th March
Episode 4.09 24th April
Episode 4.10 1st May
Episode 4.11 8th May
Episode 4.12 15th May - Finale Part 1
Episode 4.13 22nd May - Finale Part 2

Perry

Post by Perry »

Hmmm OK.
And apparently this episode had a better cliffhanger than the 8th, this doesn't look too good for next week.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Where did you hear that? I think that there'll be a pretty mammoth cliffhanger next week.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well if the strike wasn't going to end, and they wanted to end with ep 6 rather than ep 8, and ep 6 ended with "See you guys at dinner", doesn't look good to me.

redscarf

Post by redscarf »

I hate how they're killing new, potentially interesting characters. Keamy is still around but Minkowski and Regina, who we're already somewhat interested in, are both dead now.

Also, Kate's really getting on my nerves. She is all pissy about the fact that Juliet and Charlotte might be lying while Kate is one of the biggest liars on the island. That really annoyed me.

I'm starting to feel like the people that stayed/were left on the island are all dead.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Perry wrote:Well if the strike wasn't going to end, and they wanted to end with ep 6 rather than ep 8, and ep 6 ended with "See you guys at dinner", doesn't look good to me.
These are not real spoilers. I am just speculating and drawing conclusions from things I've heard on the Official Lost Podcast and read in interviews with D&C.

Well, I think the first story arc was the first 7 episodes where the general theme was WHO are the oceanic 6. I think Episode 8 will be a very focussed stand-alone episode about Michael's story that sets up... The last five hours (or 4 episodes) which will be the second arc where I think we will learn more about WHY they need to go back to the island and fill in the gaps before Jack's boozy downward spiral last finale.

So I think they wanted to end on episode 7 if they weren't coming back for a long time so the audience would feel satisfied that they learned who all the oceanic 6 are, instead of ending on episode 8 where they will feel like they just started a new stage in the story and than cut you off.

Also cliff-hangers for mid-season or pre-hiatus episodes are never going to be as good as a season finale. They wrote all 8 episodes before they knew there'd be a strike, so they didn't think they had to make a OMG season-ender-like cliff-hanger at the end of the episodes. That said D&C HAVE said that there will be a cliff-hanger per se in E08 and I think it'll be a good one.

Return to “4x07: Ji Yeon”