Have ALL The Oceanic 6 Been Revealed?

Post by You-Know-Who »

So this is the tally:

1 - Jack

2 - Kate

3 - Hurley

4 - Sayid

5 - Sun

6 - ? - I don't think Aaron counts, since on their podcast Darlton said pretty outright (D&C style) that Aaron wasn't "on" the plane. Still, maybe they are counting Aaron, but if they're not.....

Is Michael or Walt one of the Oceanic 6?

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Have ALL The Oceanic 6 Been Revealed?

Post by Stephen »

It's got to be Michael. We're supposed to learn them all in this eight, and the last one is likely a Michael episode (Meet Kevin Johnson).

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

From what I'm reading at DrakUFO's site it seems like Aaron is supposedly one of the six. Since the preview for Ji Yeon said "You will discover the last of the oceanic 6". Also I remember in the preview for Eggtown they said "Nothing is certain, except for the oceanic 6 who have been rescued, and the next one who will be revealed." So I'm pretty sure it is Aaron. Case closed!

Silentbob

Post by Silentbob »

it shouldnt be aaron. yeah, he was on the island, but he was also NOT on the manifest, and NOT on the plane (unless you count in claire's womb) he did NOT have a ticket, he's a baby, and the main reason i dont think he's one of the six...

IT WOULD BLOW SOO HARD. first of all, they never said if he was one of the 6. second, it doesnt make sense. third, its a wasted slot on the six. fourth, it leaves us with no kick for the last of the 6. sun? greeaaaat. fifth, although we do know lost to have anti climactic reveals, i trust that the last of the six will be unexpected. otherwise, they wouldnt have built it up in the first place.

oh, and also, if aaoron was one of the 6, that whole jin's flashforward but really a flash back wouldn't have been a surprise at all, because we would have already known he doesnt get off the island.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yeah, I know it would blow, but I really think (I don't want to) he is one of the six. "Oceanic 6" is just a media label. The media don't care if you were on the manifest or not, six people got rescued... then it's the "Oceanic 6"... it's nice and tidy and bite-sized for an ADD world. Also, TPTB probably knew that people would be questioning Aaron, so they did a double-fake-out..."Oh Shit! JIn was in a flashback, not a flashfoward! So he's not Oceanic 6? So I guess Aaron IS part of the Oceanic 6."

David3

Post by David3 »

There is a quote from Carlton Cuse from this week that says, "We don't determine how ABC promotes the show, but Damon and I will say you have now seen all of the Oceanic Six in this season's episodes." That quote reads as if the final member of the SIX wasn't shown on screen until this past week's episode. Michael fits that description. The only problem: if Michael is one of the 6, then where's Walt?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I think Walt is already safe somewhere by the time Michael gets on the freighter. Maybe Ben makes Walt's step dad have a change of heart, and Walt is with him, or in some other safe haven. Otherwise, Michael's character seems limited.

David3

Post by David3 »

Claude wrote:I think Walt is already safe somewhere by the time Michael gets on the freighter. Maybe Ben makes Walt's step dad have a change of heart, and Walt is with him, or in some other safe haven. Otherwise, Michael's character seems limited.
What I meant is that if Michael turns out to be one of the six, then where's Walt. He'd have to assume a different identity and wouldn't be able to be with his step-dad. Otherwise, people would know he was on the plane but now alive.

I think you might be right about Ben have something to do with where Walt might be now. Maybe he's provided a place for him to live, etc.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Ok, so here's some strangeness concerning Michael being one of the six.

We know he's using an alias on the freighter, the Kevin Johnson business. Now, if he were to be one of the Six, he would have to go by his real name, since that's the name on the manifest. Now, we know that the person in the coffin had a name that we don't know of. If Michael is the one in the coffin, that means he's under a third alias. Two too many if you ask me.

Also of note is that if Michael is in the coffin, and his funeral announcement was under the same name as the one he was rescued by, then presumably there would have been Oceanic 6 fans that would have come. At least one, right?

I don't see Michael being one of the six. The other Sixers would have to trust him to adhere to the story they agree on, and I don't see them trusting Michael for a long time.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yet again, I agree, Claude.
David3 wrote:There is a quote from Carlton Cuse from this week that says, "We don't determine how ABC promotes the show, but Damon and I will say you have now seen all of the Oceanic Six in this season's episodes." That quote reads as if the final member of the SIX wasn't shown on screen until this past week's episode. Michael fits that description. The only problem: if Michael is one of the 6, then where's Walt?
It could also read as if the final member of the six wasn't shown in FLASHFOWARD until this past weeks episode. You don't have to read it so literally, it wasn't a prepared statement just a quote. I'm telling you the final two are Aaron, and Sun. Michael could still be off the island in the future, but he probably would be hiding under a false identity... I'm sure Ben could help him out with that, judging from what we saw in Ben's secret passport room.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

That statement to me reads like "all of the oceanic 6 are characters on the show". But I suppose they mean more than that.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

I suppose if I were to bet money, Aaron would be the one. LOST sometimes is that straightforward. I can't imagine 7 human beings being found alive on an island (or whatever, being rescued and returned) and the media seeing 6 adults and one baby, calling them the Oceanic 6. Mothers-Against-Not-Counting-Babies would be up in arms. However, if we are going to speculate on Michael....what if Kevin Johnson WAS a name on the manifest, and he is claiming to be one of them?? (Though really, since we haven't seen future Mike, I can only assume that he is not Oceanic 6, that got back to the real world and just dropped of Walt at Mittelos Bio Daycare and headed back to BenLand).

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yeah, but if Michael was an Oceanic Sixer it would crowd his character too much. What Michael has going for him right now is, why is he on the boat, how did he get on the boat, is he bad or good, and will he find redemption. Making him part of the Oceanic 6 would just add distractions from what we really want out of the Michael story.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

You-Know-Who wrote:Yeah, but if Michael was an Oceanic Sixer it would crowd his character too much. What Michael has going for him right now is, why is he on the boat, how did he get on the boat, is he bad or good, and will he find redemption. Making him part of the Oceanic 6 would just add distractions from what we really want out of the Michael story.

I totally agree.

Return to “4x07: Ji Yeon”