Flash Forward set in August 2007?

David3

Flash Forward set in August 2007?

Post by David3 »

I did a little bit of research on the New York Yankees website and determined that the newspaper Jack picked up was from August 31, 2007. On August 30, 2007, the Yankees swept a 3 game series against the Red Sox, winning 5-0. Chen Ming Wang was the winning pitcher. It all matches up to the article.

Of course the problem this presents is that the newspaper from last seasons finale was from April of 2007. It would sure seem that the events in tonights episode took place before the events of the season finale.

I wondering if this was a production error. The Yankees also swept the Red Sox in August of 2006. If this was a fake article used only for the show, then they might have accidental grabbed the score and stats from the wrong year.

tanner

Re: Flash Forward set in August 2007?

Post by tanner »

If that's true, it totally throws off my mental timeline... The whole time I was watching the episode, I assumed this was happening before the season 3 finale and was all serving as a lead-in to Jack's drug addiction, drinking problem, and beard. It seems (seemed) to make a lot more sense that way.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

There is no way this fashfoward happens after the s3 finale. It's just a production mistake.

David3

Post by David3 »

I think that the production team didn't anticipate the viewers determining the date of the newspaper from last year's season finale. I think they pretty much grabbed the paper from the day they made the article. This time around the they had to have known and so I believe that August 2007 is the correct time for Jack's flash in "Something Nice Back Home" and the flash from last season's finale was at a later date. The age of Aaron fits with a Aug 2007 timeline too. That would make him two-years-old within a couple months of turning three. He was credited in "Eggtown" as "two-year-old boy".

Return to “4x10: Something Nice Back Home”