Alpert and Abbadon?

pre-finale time
David3

Alpert and Abbadon?

Post by David3 »

I wonder if Locke met these two in his original life, or are they time traveling and visiting him now that they know who he is.

Claude
Site Admin

Re: Alpert and Abbadon?

Post by Claude »

They better not be time traveling.

Just because we've seen Desmond pseudo-time travel, I don't think it's something other people can do.

If Abbadon could time travel, why not go back in time and put a GPS on Flight 815 before it takes off? Then Widmore would know the exact (or very close) location of the island.

I think if someone is going to time travel, we'll see it. It won't be a secret to later be revealed.

vickih

Post by vickih »

Darlton told Kristin from E the following:
"Time travel is definitely happening on this show."

riothero

Post by riothero »

Some of the biggest mysteries on LOST, I believe, will be explained in terms of "time-travel". I wish it weren't so, but I'm encouraged by Damon and Carlton's efforts to develop a different (more limited) understanding of "time travel," that is, to avoid the kind of paradoxes/problems involved in the use of "time-travel" on other shows. The "time-travel" on LOST isn't the kind that would permit someone to go back in time and put a GPS on Flight 815 because, according to the "rules" as stated by Damon and Carlton, "you cannot change the future". The "time-travel" that's happening on the show is instead restricted to... Desmond's "flashes", slight differentiations in time between two locations (the freighter and the beach), slight curvatures in space (to explain why the island is invisible, why Yemi's plane crashed on the island) ... and, as for Alpert and Abbadon, being able to live a very long time.... and hopefully that's it.

Good god, you understand that they're going to have to offer a SINGLE EXPLANATION for all these different types of "time-travel" occurrences (while, at the same time, explaining why other forms of "time-travel" are not possible)? How the hell can they manage that?

redscarf

Post by redscarf »

Yeah, I really hope all these people aren't time travelling too. I got the feeling that Alpert wants to recruit John for the island and Abbadon wants him for Widmore.

tanner

Post by tanner »

I'm pretty sure Marvin Candle is actually Ji Yeon and he's just been time-traveling. :/

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Isn't Ji Yeon a girl?

vickih

Post by vickih »

Justin: Yi Jeon is a girl.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Marvin Candle is a girl!?!?

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Oh my god, Marvin Candle had a sex change operation?! :-) That explains the arm... : )

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

My God! What are you suggesting they did with her arm!?

Return to “4x11: Cabin Fever”