Whats up with Aaron's age?

yoshi

Whats up with Aaron's age?

Post by yoshi »

Hey did anyone else notice the odd thing about Aarons age? At the oceanic 6 press conference Kate is asked how old Aaron is and she says "a little over 5 weeks" whaaat ? I don't know anything about babies other than theyre small wrinkly and cry a lot , but 5 weeks - that kid looks older and much too big to be 5 weeks. Anyway acording lostpedia Aaron was born on November 1st - day 41 and at the O6's press conferance Oceanics spokeswoman MS. DECKER tells the world that "On day 108, the six survivors, including Ms. Austen's baby which she gave birth to on the island of Membata, used a raft to journey to an island called Sumba near a village called Manukanggawher they had a photo taken by a local fisherman who found them blah blah" we're not given a date of the press conference so the last known day is this day - 108 - that would make Aaron 67 + days old = 9 weeks and 4 days + old . So whats up with 5 weeks -that would mean Aaron was born on day 73 which would mean 4.5weeks (32days) age difference ? Surely a child would nearly double in size in that time? - I guess they're trying to explain why Kate didn't look as pregnant as Claire did when the flight took off .
Wouldn't the O6 be given full medicals upon there return home? Surely they would after living in the wilderness for so long. I mean Doctors would at least want to make sure the baby is healthy right? or at least they would want to know why he is so huge for his age :).

David3

Re: Whats up with Aaron's age?

Post by David3 »

1. If they gave the real age of the baby, then that would have made Kate 8 months pregnant at the time of the accident, which she clearly wasn't. The reporter even seemed suspicious with her story that she was 6 months pregnant at the time of the accodent.

2. They've been using babies that big since the day Aaron was born. I have two kids and I remember how they were during the first month. I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to use the right age baby with them either constantly crying or always sleeping.

Return to “4x12: There's No Place Like Home, Pt. 1”