Widmore!

Jug-tastic
radiant_redhead

Widmore!

Post by radiant_redhead »

WTF!

Now I can understand the constant feud between the men: the Dharma Ben and the Other Charles!! AHHHH! AHHH! AHHHH!

So many things connect! crazy! but I don't understand: If you cannot change the past, then why does Richard Alpert come to Locke's birth...because Locke told him to in the past. This would imply that he did change the past...or that he confirmed the past by enabling it. hmmm... Also, what are we supposed to assume about this H-bomb? Did someone "render it inert" after Daniel flashed away?

I loved loved the Latin convos! It makes the Others so much more primitive in a way!

How weird is it that Dessie named his boy after the guy he was responsible for killing?

Where in time did the Losties flash to this time?

I'm so thrilled to have this show back in my week! YAY!

David3

Re: Widmore!

Post by David3 »

These are the hostiles and Widmore will probably become their leader. Eventually the Dharma Iniative shows up. Then one day, along comes a young boy named Benjamin Linus. The hostiles need someone to help them overthrough Dharma. Widmore falls out of favor and leaves the island. Ben becomes the leader. Now the island needs someone to fix the time jumps and Locke becomes their man.

David3

Post by David3 »

I'm guessing the bomb is not inert and is somewhere buried on the island today.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

All great points and questions David3. I'm really confused about the time jumps and what can be changed and what can't. I mean, yeah, it seems like Alpert's keeping track of Locke since birth is 100% due to this encounter. Locke tells him his birth date. But then, I thought you couldn't change the past. Maybe we're taking that too literally. Or maybe them flashing to the past makes them part of the past? In other words, to the people they interact with in the past, they are now part of their natural timeline. I don't think once our Losties flash away to another time, that the people they interact with just forget ever seeing them. I'm guessing that after Locke, Faraday et al flash to another time, the Others gather 'round, and the chick who led Dan to the bomb tells everyone that Dan said they needed to bury the bomb. So they do, and it never blows up as a result. Just like Dan said. I would think the whole affair caused quite the drama/conversation for Richard's group in the past after our group flashed away. But then if Richard has been around for as long as we're led to believe (reinforced again tonight by Juliette), seems like he'd already be aware of the time travel deal. But then it sure seemed like he thought Locke was out of his mind even suggesting it.

Which leads me to a similar question about Widmore's and Faraday's history. Does Widmore remember Faraday from this flash? I mean at some point in the past, does Widmore bust up in Faraday's office and say, "remember me"? Bahhhh, my noodle is twisted.

LOVE THIS SHOW! I kind of like the name of the episode in relation to it's place in the show. I kept trying to figure out while watching the episode how the name was going to fit in. When I first saw Penny giving birth, I thought maybe they were going to give the baby a nickname of Jughead!

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Perhaps the Tempest had something to do with making the bomb inert. Also, if as 420 says, maybe they end up listening to Dan and burying the bomb in a tomb of lead and concrete. Then one of the following a) Kelvin/Radzinsky thought it was a station, then realized it was not and crossed it out on the map, or b) i forgot...

Nuke causes the infertility on the island? Caused the Sickness?

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

All good ideas. LOOOOVEEEEDD this episode, It was effen awesome!

David3

Post by David3 »

420brownie wrote:Which leads me to a similar question about Widmore's and Faraday's history. Does Widmore remember Faraday from this flash? I mean at some point in the past, does Widmore bust up in Faraday's office and say, "remember me"?
Not only does he remember Dan, but I think he'll also remember Locke. That's probably why so many on the freighter were not surprised to find Oceanic survivors on the island. Once Widmore heard there was a man named John Locke on the plane he knew there would be some survivors.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

This ep was great. So many nice reveals. And so many of them done with finesse!!!

The titular reference: only seen on the bomb. No one had to say it. Awesome.
Penny giving birth--came out of now where: great (although, ugh for another baby on the show)
Baby is named Charlie: another great reveal.
and the pièce de résistance: Widore on the island! So great. So, so, great.

I'll save the rest of my thoughts for the podcast.
But overall, best ep this season.

Jen

Post by Jen »

the swan was encased in concrete, which is what dan said to do with the bomb. is the bomb under/in/beside the swan?
am i the only one who still thinks widmore founded dharma? he was an other, then broke off after a fight with richard, brought/sent some people to the island and started dharma, left the island to "run" dharma from england, and then ben did the purge and somehow he and the others made it more difficult/impossible to get to and widdy couldnt get back?

David3

Post by David3 »

Jen wrote:the swan was encased in concrete, which is what dan said to do with the bomb. is the bomb under/in/beside the swan?
am i the only one who still thinks widmore founded dharma? he was an other, then broke off after a fight with richard, brought/sent some people to the island and started dharma, left the island to "run" dharma from england, and then ben did the purge and somehow he and the others made it more difficult/impossible to get to and widdy couldnt get back?
That might explain this painting from Widmore's offfice...

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Image:3 ... nting1.jpg

Pay close attention to the part that says Namaste.

Jen

Post by Jen »

yeah, the painting is a significant piece of my evidence.

is alpert the only other who doesnt age? juliette sorta made me think that. and speaking of, she would never use the sentence "because im An Other" and IF she is really an other, WHY IS SHE TIME TRAVELING WITH THE LOSTIES?!

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Jen wrote:yeah, the painting is a significant piece of my evidence.

is alpert the only other who doesnt age? juliette sorta made me think that. and speaking of, she would never use the sentence "because im An Other" and IF she is really an other, WHY IS SHE TIME TRAVELING WITH THE LOSTIES?!

So in your theory that Widmore started Dharma, where do the Degroots/Hanso fit in?

As far as Juliet, she's an Other culturally (learning latin, adhering to Others' laws) but there must be something that makes her not an Other to account for the time traveling.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

claude,
maybe the distinction is whether or not said other was on the island before or after "the incident"

Jen

Post by Jen »

Claude wrote:
So in your theory that Widmore started Dharma, where do the Degroots/Hanso fit in?
maybe business partners/collaborators of widmore, or maybe he just made them up so that he was not the visible face of dharma, even to its employees.

Jen

Post by Jen »

paul in vegas wrote:claude,
maybe the distinction is whether or not said other was on the island before or after "the incident"
if so i guess they are just hoping we have all forgotten cindy (which we clearly havent). but if widmore is an other, was he born on the island? did he only age bc he left the island? is alpert the only indigenous islander?

David3

Post by David3 »

Another possible piece of evidence for Widmore starting Dharma....The room 23 video has the message God loves you as he loved Jacob. As we saw the other night, Jacob was pre-Dharma. Widmore knew of Jacob. Who from Dharma would have known of Jacob to put that message in the brainwashing video. Well, besides tree chopping, dead man Horace Goodspeed.

Vince

Post by Vince »

I'm not conVINCEd of the relationship between DHARMA and ol' Chuck Widmore. I think there's more evidence pointing to the Hansos (Alvar, Magnus, & Tovar) as the powerful millionaire(s) with a past connection to The Island funding DHARMA.

Speaking of powerful industrialists, will we learn that Paik has a connection to The Island (in addition to that one screen cap of his office TV). Could he have been on The Island? I don't think so (seems like more of a bully businessman than a bad guy who believes in mysticism like The Island exudes) but it's out there...

Also, they seemed to soften Widmore in his last scene (I am hoping and praying for a Widmore flashback this season). Does this mean that there's a "larger" bad guy yet to be revealed?

Return to “5x03: Jughead”