New Guy, Same Bizarre Theories

whir

New Guy, Same Bizarre Theories

Post by whir »

Hey guys! I've been lurking for awhile, but this is my first post here. I want to say you have maybe the most entertaining podcasts outside of ones featuring Karl Pilkington. I came out of lurking because I have a theory that could reconcile the two different types of time travel that seem to be occurring on Lost (Desmond's consciousness and the Islands time jumps). It's quite simple, but I haven't heard anyone else state it. Obviously, that doesn't mean nobody has but here goes: If we are to assume that the Island is a somewhat sentient entity unto itself (many people have, not a new theory), than that entity must have it's own consciousness. The Island is doing the same thing that happened to Desmond. For this to work, the Island must have some sort of external consciousness that exists within the barrier. Anything inside the barrier is inside this being's head. Could the losties be real but standing on top of the mind of the Island? What if the supernatural phenomena all along have just been manifestations of the Islands mind? Did I say simple? I meant absurd. Crash landing inside someone's head seems strange, but I never forget the show I'm watching. I'm not sure if I quite buy it all myself, but I thought I'd share even if it is a load of bullocks.

Claude
Site Admin

Re: New Guy, Same Bizarre Theories

Post by Claude »

Hey,

Thanks for the listening. Glad to have you aboard the LLD train.

I think something like what you're describing is going on. I definitely think the island needs a constant.

whir

Re: New Guy, Same Bizarre Theories

Post by whir »

Thanks Claude! So, if the Island needs a constant, why the oceanic 6? Why not Richard Alpert? He's the one that's always been there. Would it make too much sense? I don't get it.

Return to “5x05: This Place is Death”