Widmore Travelling Economy class?

Perry

Widmore Travelling Economy class?

Post by Perry »

Well there's not too many other people that could be behind all these setups.
Aaron stolen?
Hurley aboard.
Sayid in custody.
Ben bashed.
Lapidus the pilot.
If Widmore wanted a way onto the island, he would to set all of this up, and get on the plane himself.
So I think he was slumming it up in Economy class at the back of that flight.

David3

Re: Widmore Travelling Economy class?

Post by David3 »

I first thought was that Ben arranged for Hurley and Sayid. I figured the lawyer told Hurley about the flight and that the person who has Sayid in custody is working for Ben.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

How did Kate get on the plane?

whir

Post by whir »

Stephen wrote:How did Kate get on the plane?
You mean Guam is OUTSIDE California?

David3

Post by David3 »

Nobody recognizes you when you're wearing sun glasses.

whir

Post by whir »

Actually, since I really didn't buy the trial in Eggtown anyway, I don't even care if they let this one go. Fine with me if she walks right on the plane. I just don't want to think about Kate's legal status anymore and am not interested in seeing any scenes about it. I lost interest in Kate as Fugitive long ago. I may very well be alone in this thinking.

*edit

There is one acceptable scene I would watch:

[Scene opens with Ben in nondescript location]

Ben: My lawyer got a judge to grant Kate permission to go to Guam.

[End Scene]

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Guam is an anagram for "A mug", clearly a reference to Kate's mugshot photo that Jack finds in season 1.

David3

Post by David3 »

And people claim the writers make it up as they go along.

Savard

Post by Savard »

Wow, I loved this episode!

Actually I thought, that them all being on the same plane was "destiny" or "the island" taking matters into its own hands. But I kinda like the idea, that Widmore set this up, yet I don't think it's true. I mean the losties can be pretty sure they can survive the crash, as they are "supposed to" return to the island. But widmore!? there's a pretty good chance he would not survive the crash. I don't think he's "supposed" to return, beacuse in that case he would have already made it somehow I think.

OTOH this would explain why anyone would try to fly from LA to Guam on a Boeing 737-900, which is a guarantee you will end up in the pacific ocean somewhere ;)

My bet still is, it's simply destiny or the island uniting the six.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Savard wrote:My bet still is, it's simply destiny or the island uniting the six.
I'm sorry but there's no way they could expect anyone to believe that it was destiny that they all showed up for this flight, although it seems you do.

Savard

Post by Savard »

Perry wrote: I'm sorry but there's no way they could expect anyone to believe that it was destiny that they all showed up for this flight, although it seems you do.

Yes, I do! ;)

It was my first thought, and I'll still stick with that theory. Especially with how Locke's suicide note seemed to be returning to Jack to be read... Well, I wmay be wrong (obviously), but I wouldn't be dissappointed if this was actually the "explanation".

whir

Post by whir »

To Perry:

It's was their destiny (to some degree) just by the pure fact that they did show up on the flight. The question is whether man has any free will or if it is all predetermined.

*edit*

What I'm trying to say is the destiny does not preclude conscious choice. Even if they all decided to go with what the think is their free will, doesn't mean they actually have free will. Destiny is not the same as happenstance.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well what I'm saying is that it's not just a coincidence that they all wanted to take a vacation to Guam on that flight.
Clearly they had free will, but someone has convinced them to take the flight.

whir

Post by whir »

Perry wrote:Well what I'm saying is that it's not just a coincidence that they all wanted to take a vacation to Guam on that flight.
Clearly they had free will, but someone has convinced them to take the flight.
It's kinda what I thought you meant, I was just being a bit uptight about the semantics. I'm not quite sure what the message of this show is going to be when it comes to the idea of free will vs. determinism.

CorpsesAndChaos

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

if Widmore had the address to Ms. Hawking - why did he ever waste money on the black rock journal - in like 1998 or whatever - to find the island and why was he "searching for it" for so long when they had a DHARMA station in LA to do it since the 50s?

Return to “5x06: 316”