the empty intro

tanner

the empty intro

Post by tanner »

im only have 3 seconds into the podcast, but already ive noticed something strange. was this episode NOT recorded live with Talkshoe? i always really liked that obnoxious intro music and voiceover.. :(

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: the empty intro

Post by Stephen »

I reckon it was edited. I'm maybe 3.5 hrs in so far and i haven't heard any 'SCHEDULED TO END IN FIVE... MINUTES" recording.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Some editing was done, I decided to cut that out, since I was editing anyway. I normally leave it in because it isn't worth the trouble.

Spoiler alert: the "conference is scheduled to be broken down in ... FIVE.... minutes...." message is in there, it came a bit late, some time in hour 4.

David3

Post by David3 »

For reasons unknown to me I Googled the phrase, conference is scheduled to be broken down in

Try it. Check out the # 1 listing.

David3

Post by David3 »

David3 wrote:For reasons unknown to me I Googled the phrase, conference is scheduled to be broken down in

Try it. Check out the # 1 listing.
Funny, about 10 minutes after posting the above, it was referenced on the podcast. The part about the guy that claims that there are no Talkshoe messages telling you to press *8.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

i like the cupcake avatar

vickih

Post by vickih »

they have a show called
OSD-Obsessive Sneaker Disorder
how hillarious!

also this guy Dave has gone in circles answering the question. i still don't understand what he is saying. Weird!!

Jen

Post by Jen »

He sounds exactly like every techie customer service dude I have ever had to deal with. if they dont know exactly what you are talking about right away they try to make you feel like an idiot by accusing you of being mistaken or lying, and when/if you prove to them that it is happening, they reluctantly backpedal thru a series of dodges that seem totally insincere and ill-informed until you are so sick of their ineptitude and truculence that you drop it, assuming that they have no idea what they are talking about since they denied so vehemently that the problem existed in the first place. Can you tell I deal with this a lot at work? I mean, I am sure that this guy is perfectly nice, but the ego that comes along with them is unbelievable, and as a young, short blond in charge of a long of hi tech shit at a major university, they look at me and assume I am some student worker who knows nothing about anything and will be easy enough to walk all over. The last guy who came here to do work nearly got himself punched in the face before realizing that I am the boos-man round these parts.
Whew, thanks for that catharsis.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

i guess the powers-that-be at talk shoe never got back to you guys on this...

Return to “Podcast #55”