Locke - Walt: "Like, awkward..."

muttonboy

Locke - Walt: "Like, awkward..."

Post by muttonboy »

Any thoughts on the various meetings? I found the first half-hour 'awkward' to watch - it really seemed like a struggle for the actors to pull off the scenes. Right up until Abaddon got it, then it was great writing/acting/directing...

David3

Re: Locke - Walt: "Like, awkward..."

Post by David3 »

The Walt meeting seemed pointless to me. It seemed like they had him visit Walt just to give them a reason to have Walt on the show. I did find it interesting that it was necessary for Abbadon to walk away during that meeting. I'm still wonder about that theory that Abbadon is future Walt. If anything, we get the part about Walt's dreams.

brodieman3847

Post by brodieman3847 »

This is minor but Walt never found out that Locke should be called Jeremy Bentham. So how did he know it when he met Hurley in the mental institution?

goodfellow408

Post by goodfellow408 »

I think maybe we did get one important piece of information from this much-too-short meeting, which was that Walt was having dreams about Locke. This hints at the fact that Walt is "special" (oh God, I'm tired of hearing that lol), and has some type of psychic/clairvoyance power. He sees Locke in a suit, surrounded by people who want to hurt him. Locke is currently in a suit back on the island... maybe the other crash survivors begin to not trust him. Maybe they will start to see him as an "other", and want to hurt him. But I do agree that this meeting was much too hyped to be such a short conversation.

--Josh--

David3

Post by David3 »

As long as they don't dig a big hole, put him inside, and threaten to cut off his fingers, I'll be fine.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

I was really disappointed Walt didn't call John "MISTAHLAWK".

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

I think that's how that conversion should go though. I mean if you met a weird man that you knew for 20 days when you were 10 yrs old, now you have absolutely nothing in common with this man, I think the conversation would be pretty awkward. After watching this episode I'm more convinced then ever that Abbadon is Walt from the future. The evidence is very compelling.

Jen

Post by Jen »

TheRadioTower wrote:I think that's how that conversion should go though. I mean if you met a weird man that you knew for 20 days when you were 10 yrs old, now you have absolutely nothing in common with this man, I think the conversation would be pretty awkward. After watching this episode I'm more convinced then ever that Abbadon is Walt from the future. The evidence is very compelling.
uhhh...it may be compelling to you, but would you care to spell it out for a dummy like myself???

vickih

Post by vickih »

As of what i have seen to date i don't think that Abbadon is Walt in the future. I could be wrong.

Also i think they had John go to Walt because of the dream Walt had.

Also can you hurt a dead person? Locke is dead and how could these people on the island hurt him?

David3

Post by David3 »

Here's some of the evidence. Most of it is pretty questionable.

1. Mista Locke. It's one of Walt's trademark lines.
2. He walked away during their conversation. Matbe he didn't want to come in contact with himself.
3. How did Abbadon know it was Walt? For that matter, how would he even know who Walt is? It doesn't really see that he should know that Michael and Walt left the island. If Widmore and Abbadon were tracking Michael for he got on the freighter, why would they let him on the freighter? He'd obiously know if he was looking at himself.
4. Abbadon says I take it you didn't ask him to go did you? With everyone else, Abbadon assumed Locke failed. With Walt, Abbadon knew he didn't even try. How did he know? Because he's Walt!

Actually, I don't really believe it anymore. If it were, I don't think they'd just kill him on the side of the road. Unless, of course, they plan on bringing him back to the island at some point.

Abbadon made metion of Walt's size. Why must we get mention of his size or height everytime we see Walt? We get it, he's older, he's taller, he's taller ghost Walt.

Return to “5x07: The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham”