Mysterious Moving Gun Shot Wound

riothero

Mysterious Moving Gun Shot Wound

Post by riothero »

In last week's episode, the gun shot wound was on Ben's left side, near his heart.
http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/ ... 44a39d8356
http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/ ... ff6d21897b

In this week's episode, the gun shot wound shifts to his right side.
http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/ ... 6345cd5b40
http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/ ... 2a8d547aff

Bull shit!

David3

Re: Mysterious Moving Gun Shot Wound

Post by David3 »

Deleted scene?

riothero

Post by riothero »

Think about the deception involved here. They had one sweatshirt with a bullet hole in one place, and another with a bullet hole in another place. And no one in the crew said, this is bullshit?

tikkachic

Post by tikkachic »

If not a deleted scene...time travel?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I wonder if it's possible that any of these shots/scenes were mirrored in editing for some reason. that would explain the discontinuity without it being a production error.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

They have definitely mirrored shots before, for example, the shot of Desmond in Widmore's office in "flashes before your eyes". The 'namaste' painting appears to switch sides of the room because of this. I have no idea why they did that, though. On the other hand, production errors have already been so numerous that I have no trouble believing or accepting another one.

riothero

Post by riothero »

Com'n, guys! This isn't "just another" production error. You've got to be blind to miss the obvious motive behind intentionally misleading the show's audience.
Isn't it MUCH more likely that someone on LOST realized they could give the audience the SHOCK of seeing young Ben get shot in the heart, and then rewrite the event so that they could keep Michael Emerson on the show? Of course it's insulting to their fans, but it'll be a sure fire way of BOOSTING their RATINGS!
Last edited by riothero on Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

I forgot about option 3: the ratings boosting deception and subsequent retcon. I guess it doesn't bother me because I never believed that Ben was dead, the time travel rules ruled that out.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Ben has no heart, so the bullet penetrated the sweatshirt, and on its way in the heat from the bullet sealed the hole shut. The bullet bounced around the empty heart cavity before returning out of the right side, bringing blood with it and thus drenching the right side.

Justin: I remember when they had Ray's truck in Australia. They couldn't get their hands on a right-hand-drive pickup so they just flipped the film.

riothero

Post by riothero »

I'm convinced Stephen's got it right.

David3

Post by David3 »

Justin wrote:They have definitely mirrored shots before, for example, the shot of Desmond in Widmore's office in "flashes before your eyes". The 'namaste' painting appears to switch sides of the room because of this. I have no idea why they did that, though. On the other hand, production errors have already been so numerous that I have no trouble believing or accepting another one.
I remember they did this in season 1. There's a shot where Jack's tatoos had switched to his right arm instead of his left. I remember obsessing about it before someone explained to me what a mirrored shot is.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

Stephen wrote:
Justin: I remember when they had Ray's truck in Australia. They couldn't get their hands on a right-hand-drive pickup so they just flipped the film.
i am pretty sure they also mirrored the shots of ana lucia driving christian around australia for the same reason.

Return to “5x11: Whatever Happened, Happened”