What did you think of this episode?

vickih

What did you think of this episode?

Post by vickih »

For some reason this episode was a bit boring.

Also it bothered me that many things were left out.

1. Such as what happened to the money Sawyer left in a bank for Clementine. (from his prison deal)

2. What did Sawyer say in the helicopter. I have a daughter so when you get your settlement from the lawsuit give my daughter part of your money??

3. Kate and Sawyer making Ben's life and death decisions. ( giving Lil Ben to Richard even though he said he will loose his childhood)??

I am sure there are more then i listed here.

Maybe i am a bit picky but Lost seems to be trying to cram in stories so they can get to their end point. Which is the end of Season 6. And the stories they are craming in could be told in a lot smaller scenes so they could fit in other more inportant unanswered questions.

JanicM

Re: What did you think of this episode?

Post by JanicM »

vickih wrote:...he will loose his childhood...
well that certainly comes in handy when you have to deal with the rules of a set timeline. ;) just like Daniel's loss of memory, but the writers couldnt know about S5 plots back in season 2 so it's understandable I guess.

Also, as I mentioned in the comments, I didnt really care for Myles' time travel explanation to the viewers. But maybe it's necessary to keep the casual Lost audience interested.

Jack was the highlight of this episode for me, I love how he was the only one being rational and not giving a shit about Ben.
"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it."

bob.m

Post by bob.m »

One of the big problems that I had with the time travel explanation that Miles gave to Hurley is that Miles made a statement like "Once Ben turned that wheel, time isn't a straight line for us". Miles shouldn't know anything about the wheel turning.

David3

Post by David3 »

bob.m wrote:One of the big problems that I had with the time travel explanation that Miles gave to Hurley is that Miles made a statement like "Once Ben turned that wheel, time isn't a straight line for us". Miles shouldn't know anything about the wheel turning.
Even if Miles has somehow found out about the wheel during the last three years (through Faraday maybe), Hurley should be like, "what wheel?"

David3

Post by David3 »

JanicM wrote:
vickih wrote:...he will loose his childhood...
Also, as I mentioned in the comments, I didnt really care for Myles' time travel explanation to the viewers. But maybe it's necessary to keep the casual Lost audience interested.
When I first saw the scene, it thought they were just going to confuse viewers even more. By the end of the episode, I realized that the only reason for the entire conversation was for Hurley to ask "why doesn't Ben remember getting shot?" It gets linked at the end when it's explained why he doesn't remember.

My guess is that Ben is probably going to be with the others until Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Jin, Juliet, Hurley, Miles, and whoever else I'm forgetting are all gone from 1977. That way, they have an explanation as to why Ben doesn't know any of these people in 2004.

I found Hurley's Back to the Future comments funny.

Perry

Post by Perry »

I found the whole thing with Richard telling them that whatever he does will make Ben forget, and he will lose his innocence really stupid.
Firstly I think that takes away from adult Ben's character implying that he was "made" to be the way he is. It's kind of like explaining Sylar's hunger with his power, instead of his character.

And Secondly, I don't see why they had to make Ben forget.
If we're supposed to believe that a girl in her 20s will forget a man that disappears infront of her, I have no problem believing that Ben, at age 12 will have forgotten Sayid.

I think that it was the easy, but unnecessary, way out by the writers.

vickih

Post by vickih »

Perry wrote:And Secondly, I don't see why they had to make Ben forget.
If we're supposed to believe that a girl in her 20s will forget a man that disappears infront of her, I have no problem believing that Ben, at age 12 will have forgotten Sayid.

I think that it was the easy, but unnecessary, way out by the writers.
are you referring to Rouseau? If so then the two cases seem different to me. Forgetting a man that you met briefly in your life seems more plausable. But Ben forgetting a man who shot him seems rather hard to believe. I can remember all the painful accidents i had in my life as if it happened yesterday (but I don't remember who the people were in some of the accendents..(maybe like Rouseau forgetting Jin's face)

Ex: I was swimming in a pool when i was about 11 years old and these two men started wrestling above me. I thought i was going to drown b/c I couldn't get up. I rememeber the incident and there were two men but I can't see what the men look like.

I think the producers are just copping out by having Richard say Ben will not remember so they don't have to explain why Ben doesn't remember Sayid.

Perry

Post by Perry »

vickih wrote: Forgetting a man that you met briefly in your life seems more plausable.
Well to me it seemed Jin and Rousseau spent more time together than Ben and Sayid, and disappearing people and shootings are on the same level for me, so I was fine with assuming Ben just forgot as we're supposed to believe Rousseau did. Plus it was 16 years for Rousseau, 27 years for Ben.

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

vickih wrote: I think the producers are just copping out by having Richard say Ben will not remember so they don't have to explain why Ben doesn't remember Sayid.
I think it has more to do with establishing the temple mythology. They had previously established that going into the temple changes you in some way through Rousseau's team and this was furthering that mythology. It explains to some extent the actions of Robert and the rest of the team. I believe this is the case because they didn't have to say that he forgot, they could have just said that Ben lied/did not mentioned the whole truth and nobody would have bothered but the fact they went out of their way to have Richard say that line and then had a scene of him disappearing into the temple makes me believe that they want the audience to focus on the temple. I think the temple may be a big part of the finale (or atleast I hope so)

CorpsesAndChaos

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

i thought it sucked.
its so painful to watch them fill in these gaps of useless "mysteries" (or if they are relevant, thats pretty pathetic) this season. i let it slide for a while but once it came back from the "break" these last few have been uninspiring.

the dialog and motives are so contrived and forced it makes me want to puke.

this show would be re-deemed if they started adding a Fart Track to Hurley's scenes

vickih

Post by vickih »

CorpsesAndChaos wrote:i thought it sucked.
its so painful to watch them fill in these gaps of useless "mysteries" (or if they are relevant, thats pretty pathetic) this season. this show would be re-deemed if they started adding a Fart Track to Hurley's scenes
LOL

David3

Post by David3 »

CorpsesAndChaos wrote:i thought it sucked.
its so painful to watch them fill in these gaps of useless "mysteries" (or if they are relevant, thats pretty pathetic) this season. i let it slide for a while but once it came back from the "break" these last few have been uninspiring.

the dialog and motives are so contrived and forced it makes me want to puke.

this show would be re-deemed if they started adding a Fart Track to Hurley's scenes
so...B-?

Return to “5x11: Whatever Happened, Happened”