Brain Washing

Discuss the show...
MekareQ

Brain Washing

Post by MekareQ »

If you listen to the music playing while Karl is being brainwashed, there is a voice saying "Only fools are enslaved by time and space," repeatedly. Do you think Dharma had some sort of training protocol to help one control a time-experience?

Along the same lines, was Juliet knocked out during her trip to the island to prevent her from having issues? Perhaps being unconcious prevents you from having an episode?

You-Know-Who

Re: Brain Washing

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yeah... being unCONSCIOUS... but what about the person driving the sub? And wouldn't they go through the right bearings so nothing happens? Maybe if your a virgin to going to the island you might get a little woozy even if you go through the "hole" in the barrier (yes, I know that was very suggestive).

I like the idea about Dharma trying to train people to learn to keep their consensus straight. But why were they doing it to Karl especially?
I feel like Ben put Karl in room 23 just to teach/brainwash/reprogram/torture him so that he won't want to fuck his daughter anymore. I'm starting to think with Ben it's always personal.
Is the "Alcatraz" island protected by the barrier or not? I would think yes since Jack and the Others didn't have much problems leaving there, but maybe they just didn't want to reveal it then so they didn't show anything.

Return to “About Lost”