mostly for perry (or any other aussies)

Discuss the show...
Jen

mostly for perry (or any other aussies)

Post by Jen »

I have been rewatching season one and last night i saw Numbers. Sam Tumi's wife's accent is so absurd, so ridiculous, that I cannot imagine that it is real. She should be in a commercial for Outback Steakhouse.
But then, I'm just a Yank who grew up on Crocodile Dundee, what do I know. So Perry: real or no?

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: mostly for perry (or any other aussies)

Post by Stephen »

On the Lost Initiative they have made fun of her acccent before too, so I would assume it's fake.

Funny that the show starred on right after Lost was CBS's "Numbers"

yoshi

Post by yoshi »

Speaking of Aussie accents Did you get a load of Clare's Mums accent this week when she was talking to Jack at his fathers funeral. As an "Aussie " it just makes me want to puke when i have to listen to such garbage - i mean just what the hell accent WAS that !!- well i can tell you it sure as hell wasn't an Aussie one. For such a great show Lost can dissapoint sometimes, Surely they could have found an aussie actress somewhere? Sam Tumi's wife's accent was another shocker along with the cop that arrested Sawyer in Sydney and God that young Cop who interviewed Clare after she put her Mum through the windscreen ,actually there's been heaps of really BAD aussie accents in the show

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well I'm glad Jen that you could at least tell that it wasn't an Australian accent. Very bad indeed.
Plus just to re-iterate what yoshi said, that accent of Claire's mum was absolutely terrible, it's like the American actors aren't even listening to or watching recordings of accents as a guideline; either that or they're all copying each other thinking that's what we sound like.

(Late response due to being busy at uni, not being able to finish the 8hr podcast and didn't want to read forums before finishing it) [But if Claude or Justin read this, don't take that as make your podcasts shorter, keep doing what you doing)

Return to “About Lost”