Theory Why Hurley told Jack he's sorry he went with Locke

Discuss the show...
vickih

Theory Why Hurley told Jack he's sorry he went with Locke

Post by vickih »

In the 1st show of the season Hurley tells Jack that he is sorry for going with Locke instead of going with Jack.
I just had a thought why Hurley might have felt bad that he went with Locke instead of Jack's group. Hurley went with Locke and then he was forced to go with Locke to find the cabin where Locke got his orders to more the island. If Hurley didn't go with Locke maybe Locke would not have found the cabin and whatever ensues from this action.
It seems that whatever Locke does to move the island allows only 6 people off the island. This probably turns out bad for the others who want off the island and Hurley feels very guilty .

Claude
Site Admin

Re: Theory Why Hurley told Jack he's sorry he went with Locke

Post by Claude »

Yeah, I could see Sayid leaving with Jack, Kate, Aaron, Hurley and Sun for what is supposed to be the first trip to the freighter. Then, when Sayid gets back to the island to pick up the second group, the island is gone!

And maybe that scene in Cabin Fever where Locke gives Hurley the choice is really about Hurley being responsible for his going along with them. He can't just say Locke made him go.

I like it, Vicky!

Return to “About Lost”