Wid-Hawk Theory

Discuss the show...
Vince

Wid-Hawk Theory

Post by Vince »

OK, I rewatched 'This Place Is Death' and I started playing with and rearranging some of our puzzle pieces. Let me know what you think:

Widmore has no apparent reason to help Desmond. He has made his disgust for Des quite clear on every occasion. Widmore giving Des Ms. Hawking’s contact info so easily and for no return suggests a hidden agenda.

Ms. H was not surprised to see Des in LA. Was she tipped off by Wismore?

Ms. H’s shift from “it has to be all of them” to “it’ll have to do for now” is odd. It suggests some deception on her part. Why?

We’ve never seen Widmore’s wife/significant other ;) Both Widmore and Ms. Hawking have history on islands (The Island and the British Isle).

Ms. Hawking’s conversation with Desmond (from 'Flashes Before Your Eyes'), in which she dissuades him from proposing to Penny, certainly aids Widmore’s desire to keep Des from Penny. Also, serves Des pushing The Button (I’m not yet sure how that fits in).

Ben apparently didn’t know that Ms. H. was Faraday’s mother. Ben likely knows that there’s a connection between Widmore and Faraday (research funding, the Theresa scandal). Therefore, Ben may likely draw a connection between Widmore and Hawking. Since Widmore is clearly Ben’s nemesis that would put Ms. H. in opposition to Ben. I think that Ben now suspects/realizes that he has been lied to and used by Ms. H.

The Three Scientivos were sent by Widmore. Why send scientists to "his" own Island? As Claude mentioned, perhaps they, too, were all previously on The Island and had to "go back" in order for everything to be in place.

Ben moved The Island based on what Locke told him. Locke told Ben that Jacob said they had to move The Island. Actually, it was "Christian" who claimed he could speak on Jacob’s behalf. Ben was never made aware of this detail. Christian’s purposes are in alignment with Ms. H – getting The Oceanic Six back to The Island.

It seems that Christian (and by proxy Widmore and Ms. H) wanted The Island moved with The Oceanic Six and the Three Scientivos still on it, with Ben (seemingly the only person who has seen, heard, and spoken to Jacob) off-Island. When that plan didn't happen they had to manage a way to realign all the circumstances by outsmarting Ben (hard) and manipulating Locke (not so hard).

“Say hello to my son” – a manipulation to insure Jack’s willingness to go back to The Island. Locke will visit Jack, see a picture of Christian (or something to that effect), tell Jack he saw him on Island. This would explain Jack’s dramatic 180 from, “We’re never going back!” with Hurley to “We have to go back!” with Kate. And his willingness to look for the apparition of Christian outside of Santa Rosa (very unlike a man of science).

Is either Ms. H or Widmore currently in contact with Christian? Is Christian a sentient being or a tool being used by W & H? Is Christian Smoke Monster related?

Locke is getting used and will endure agony of betrayal similar to what he went through with Cooper. Ben is getting used and will attempt revenge upon Ms. H and Widmore. Jac

I do believe that The Oceanic Six as well as The Three Scientivos need(ed) to be united on The Island. Once there, though, I believe there’s a choice to be made – whether to use that union for good purposes (The Island’s benefit) or bad purposes (personal gain ala Widmore).

Bottom line is that it’s Widmore, Ms. Hawking and “Christian” against The Island/Jacob, Ben & The Losties. Of course I could be totally wrong but I think there’s some merit to the theory.

Responses?

whir

Re: Wid-Hawk Theory

Post by whir »

I really like the idea that Desmond tipped Ben off on a Hawking/Widmore cahootiness (it's a word now). Has Ben finally been played for a fool? I was sort of bored with the off island story, but this could get interesting.

Return to “About Lost”