Should Lost have more episodes to finish the story?

Discuss the show...
vickih

Should Lost have more episodes to finish the story?

Post by vickih »

It seems to me that they could tell more of the story if they had more hours to tell it. I think it is good that they have an end point but we are missing out on Libbies story, etc. Maybe 2 full seasons would have been better then 2 almost seasons.
Or maybe it is just the writing. Something doesn't feel right this season.

Perry

Re: Should Lost have more episodes to finish the story?

Post by Perry »

I agree, now that I think about it, it feels like hardly anything has happened. Half got back to the island, and now they're stuck in 1977. (Well according to D&C apparently not for long.) But nothing else major really.
I guess when you're trying to wrap things up and give more answers than questions you have to minimise the amount of big events. Hopefully they make "The Incident" storyline good. and apparently The Variable's supposed to be a biggie.

David3

Post by David3 »

I've actually felt like they've sorta been stalling recently just waiting for a big event in the finale.

I read an article today where they seemed quite agitated as to why the viewers would even question why we wouldn't get answers such as Libby in the mental hospital. Who dare question their plan or writing ability. I love the show, but I'm to the point where I can't stand the Damon and Carlton.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

No, i don't think they need more episodes. I think the deal they made with ABC for the last 3 seasons, 16 eps each, was the best thing to happen for the show. No one can say that starting with season 4, the show didn't get a lot more interesting. Not necessarily better, but def more interesting. (Season 3 was sad)

There are a lot of little story details that they will leave out by the end, but the same is ture if they had 5 more seasons. They can't tell us everything. In fact, I don't think we really want that. The shorter seasons mean more concentrated drama and storytelling. They can focus on exactly what the heart of the story is. I guess I'm saying if D&C knew exactly how many eps the show would have from the very beginning, things like Libby's back story might never have seemed important.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yeh just to clarify, I'm not saying I want extra episodes, only that I don't feel too much has happened this season. Sure big things, but not too many things. I don't mind having questions pop up all over the place, and I definitely don't expect that they will answer all if even most of the questions that are unanswered at this point. I still want to be able to re-watch the series when it's all over and for there to still be mysteries.

Return to “About Lost”