Who's the blond boy?

David3

Who's the blond boy?

Post by David3 »

So who is the blond boy that reminds Locke/Smokey that he can't kill Sawyer, and why does he have blood down his arms? My first thought is Jacob, but I've read that a lot of people think it is Sawyer.

If it is Jacob, does that mean the two of them came to the island as kids?

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Who's the blond boy?

Post by Stephen »

For some reason I thought it was Alpert, but the hair color doesn't really work out. I'm going with Jacob. Or Sawyer. Yeah, Sawyer. Maybe Smocke can see people from various timelines all at once. And the fact that Sawyer can see the boy means he's special or something.

riothero

Post by riothero »

Stephen, Sawyer can see the boy because he's a candidate! RIchard can't see the boy b/c he isn't a candidate.

What's significant about this particular apparition is that it APPEARS TO SMOKEY. In other words, SMOKEY is NOT behind all these apparitions. Just like us -- He doesn't know who the blond boy is! It's outside his control... like those rules. Smokey has taken different forms, but now we know there are non-Smokey related apparitions that serve to guide (?) people. Smokey seeing things and being scared keeps things way interesting.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I thought the little boy was a young Jacob.

I would think Richard would have to be a candidate, otherwise why does Locke want him? He wants to get off the island and it seems he needs a candidate to do it.

And I do think Locke knows who the boy is, or represents. He never asked "who are you"

David3

Post by David3 »

Claude wrote:And I do think Locke knows who the boy is, or represents. He never asked "who are you"
Yeah, it seemed like he knew exactly who it was, and it seemed almost like he was scared of him.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

Yeah, Locke definitely knew who the boy was, or at least what he represented. To me he's like some sort of messenger reminding Smokey what the rules are. It seems to me that there is another level of authority above Jacob and Smokey, and the boy was sent by this entity to remind Smokey of the rules.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Jacob seems the easy answer...which means we'll be led astray...but the answer will, eventually - and arrr-ingly indeed be Jacob...unless of course it's Aaron (my first thought, actually: if they're gonna make the baby important, now's the time to do it!). I can't quite figure out the timeline though (ie, could this be Aaron projecting himself like Walt did from the 'real world'? His first appearance was very 'wet-Walt-esque'. Would Aaron be about ten years old?). Hmm.

David3

Post by David3 »

Taller Ghost Aaron.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yet another apparition that Sawyer can see aswell. Maybe that's his gift. He saw Kate's horse.
Miles can talk to dead people, Hurley can talk and see them (not at will) and Sawyer can see other people's apparitions.

Oh and I really don't see the kid being Sawyer. Surely it's Jacob.

They really don't think much of the Lost fans you know, trying to have it be a reveal when Ben turned around to Locke while making coffee. If you don't know his voice after 1 syllable, change the channel. They didn't even try the voice modifier.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Perry wrote:Yet another apparition that Sawyer can see aswell. Maybe that's his gift. He saw Kate's horse.
Miles can talk to dead people, Hurley can talk and see them (not at will) and Sawyer can see other people's apparitions.

Oh and I really don't see the kid being Sawyer. Surely it's Jacob.

They really don't think much of the Lost fans you know, trying to have it be a reveal when Ben turned around to Locke while making coffee. If you don't know his voice after 1 syllable, change the channel. They didn't even try the voice modifier.
I like that they didnt try to surpise us with the Ben reveal. And especially happy they didn't use the voice modifer thing. We've earned the right to be able to tell who a cerain character is with their back turned and complain meter on 11. And they let us have it :)

Return to “6x04: The Substitute”