Kate not on the list...?

Jeri

Kate not on the list...?

Post by Jeri »

Remember when they said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list!" ? Maybe on the ceiling of the cave, it is Kate Shepard (yes - changed her name when she finally marries Jack) and not Jack Shepard. They made it a point to say that bit about which Kwon, and Kwon was not Sun's name before she married Jen. This would be a classic Lost storytelling mislead/twist....?

420brownie

Re: Kate not on the list...?

Post by 420brownie »

Forgot about the "not on Jacob's list" line. Then again, who knows what list Pickett was even referring to- I doubt seriously he's seen the master list down in the cave. Kate Austen's name could be there, just not one of the ones with one of the "numbers" by her name. Apparently people have found Rose, Charlotte, Claire and some other names in screenshots, but they had other random numbers by their names.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Could all the names (since they are last names only) be family members of the main characters we know, and not in fact our classic Losties? As in Ji-Yeon for Kwon; Christian Shepard; Sawyer's (Ford's) daughter; Hurley's dad (because that would be awesome) or his mom (because that would be awesomer); John Locke (as that is a done deal); and Sayid's wife (they were married when she was hit by the car, right?)....which makes me think, if this is the case (which it's probably not, I know) then we would have to entertain the idea that Jacob may be trying to kill off the 6 Candidates because maybe they are candidates for Black Smoke and not for Island Savior.

Jeri

Post by Jeri »

great ideas all around. It's also out there that the Kwon on the list may be Sun and Jin's baby. After all, he touched them both and said it was their 'love' that was special, and we all know what a little love can get you: a baby! haha

CorpsesAndChaos

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

a) why does the Island need a "savior"? its almost like people take these "memes" (lamest concept ever) that are speculated upon in the show and run with them as givens. stewards arent saviors. and if the Losties are there to be "conservationists" of an Island that has autonomous lifeforms on it that would go on regardless of human activity, its kind of a ridiculous concept.

b) in the new official Lost video podcast they basically admit its going to be the long standing antiquated mythological concept of good vs. evil. kind of disappointing theyd settle for a rigid moralist outcome. same myth, different surface.

c) i hope the only reason Kate isnt on the wall is because they finally figured out that they botched the character beyond belief. the comic nerds fantasy of making a "Sexy Chick" into a phallic symbol / submissive wreck duality failed big time.

Return to “6x04: The Substitute”