General reactions

TheRadioTower

General reactions

Post by TheRadioTower »

Pretty awesome. The flash-sideways did not have the emotional punch that Jack's and Lock's did but the island action was pretty epic.

Vince

Re: General reactions

Post by Vince »

Nadia returns! The twisty turny story had enough emotional punch fer me.

Sayid v. Dogen = best Sayid fight ever?

Keamy had a great fight w/ Sayid in Season 4. "I make good eggs." Score another three for the Republican Guard.

Coming this spring on ABC - Kwon and Jarrah are "'No English' and The Bad Man!"

The Others are fleeing The Temple. If Cindy's out, ev'rybody's out!

Dogen's story was a good one. Sad and compelling to see him drowned.

I thought Smokey's sundown Temple assault was a little anticlimactic.

So Ilana, Sun, Lapidus, Miles escape into Temple secret passageway (to The Tunnels?) while,

Kate, Claire, & Sayid join Locke, Sawyer, (Jin?), & the remaining Others to leave The Island forever.

Overall, I liked it. I'm not sure if I like this or The Substitute as best of the season. That's a good problem to have :) Very promising for the remaining 12 hours of LOST!

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

^^ Speaking of Keamy- is it just me or was he acting too much like a villain from a Tarantino movie? From all the food references, the way he was dressed, his mannerisms... it seemed to me that they were referencing Tarantino.

Joe Camel

Post by Joe Camel »

I think after seeing Sayid's Flash Sideways that the alternate world is tainted wishes.

Smokey offered Sayid a wish, we know that wish would be for Nadia to be alive. In his Flash Sideways Nadia is alive however she his brother's wife rather than his own. He got his wish, but it didn't work out as he hoped.

Kate's wish would be that she didn't kill her stepfather, from the comic-con video and her stating her innocence to Claire maybe she got her wish, however it did not work out as she hoped.

Jack want to be a better father than his father, he gets a son but still can't be a good husband and has trouble connecting with his gifted son anyway.

Locke is odd because he should be dead in the flash sideways, but his wish would be that his father did not push him out the window or steal his kidney, therefore eliminating the window confrontation. We saw that Locke now has a relationship with his father in the FS but became paralyzed in some other way we have yet to find out.
will the moral be: be careful what you wish for?

whir

Post by whir »

I was fairly certain that this was going to be a Sun episode. The producers have now sunken to even using the episode titles to fool us. I liked the episode. I thought the last segment was particularly engaging. But, this show has really taken a dark turn hasn't it? Is it me, or does Sayid now seem more at peace and confident in what he is doing now that he has fully embraced his dark side?

Return to “6x06: Sundown”