Sayid beyond redemption?

TheRadioTower

Sayid beyond redemption?

Post by TheRadioTower »

Do you guys think that Sayid is beyond redemption now? One could make a case that Sayid is as bad if not worse than Ben.

Justin
Site Admin

Re: Sayid beyond redemption?

Post by Justin »

Sadly, yes.

David3

Post by David3 »

I think he's going to die (for good), real soon. I'm really disappointed with where they've taken his character.

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

David3 wrote:I think he's going to die (for good), real soon. I'm really disappointed with where they've taken his character.
I think the show is trying to say that certain people are just not capable of redemption, which is sort of a bold statement if they go through with it.

userpjx

Post by userpjx »

I think he'll gain redemption in the same way that Ben will get some kind of redemption. They are both incredibly flawed people who have done terrible things, but in the end I believe they will both get some kind of moment where they express remorse. Should they be forgiven? Probably not, but that doesn't mean they can't express remorse about it.

David3

Post by David3 »

Don't read unless you watch the "next on lost" promo...
Spoiler
Next week's episode looks like a Ben-centric episode and they try very hard to make you think that Ben is going to die next week. The voiceover says something like "the man who brought death to so many will face his own demise," while clips of Ben are shown. The promos often have tried to be deceiving, so I think the voiceover is actually referring to Sayid. Even if he were to die trying to save Jack, Kate, Hurley, whoever, would you really see him as redeemed at that point?

If it's not Sayid, then I think it will be Ben in the flash-sideways. I just don't see Ben dieing on the island yet. If he does die in the flash-sideways, it'll be interesting to see if that has any effect on island-Ben.

JanicM

Post by JanicM »

I believe they will both get some kind of moment where they express remorse.
With Sayid, it would just be repetetive though at this point, since we already saw him doing that in the Enter 77-flashback (confessing that he tortured Sami).

He has nothing to loose at this point. If there's the slightest chance he's going to see Nadia again, I guess he'll go for it.
"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it."

Return to “6x06: Sundown”