Why Not Widmore?

David3

Why Not Widmore?

Post by David3 »

Widmore claims in "The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham," that he lead is people on the island for three decades. If this is true, then why was Richard the one the showed up in Dharmaville to inquire about his men? Why wasn't it Widmore?

The only explanation I can come up with other than Widmore is lying, is that the sonic fence doesn't effect Richard, but it would have Widmore.

paul in vegas

Re: Why Not Widmore?

Post by paul in vegas »

but the sonic fence doesn't affect anyone who takes the time to prop up a tree to climb over it either.

Savard

Post by Savard »

...or uses earplugs... I really hated that part.

David3

Post by David3 »

Savard wrote:...or uses earplugs... I really hated that part.
I agree. I found the look on her face extremely annoying.

It's annoying that they build this huge contraption that circles the barracks and all you need is a tree limb, ear plugs, or a hostile to get through it. Wouldn't it have still made the noise? The fence doesn't know she's waering ear plugs, so why no noise?

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

I think the sound is probably at a pitch that is not audible to humans (but somehow still has an effect), which makes the ear plugs all the more ridiculous.

vickih

Post by vickih »

David3 wrote:
Savard wrote:...or uses earplugs... I really hated that part.
I agree. I found the look on her face extremely annoying.

It's annoying that they build this huge contraption that circles the barracks and all you need is a tree limb, ear plugs, or a hostile to get through it. Wouldn't it have still made the noise? The fence doesn't know she's waering ear plugs, so why no noise?
True. why no noice

David3

Post by David3 »

420brownie wrote:I think the sound is probably at a pitch that is not audible to humans (but somehow still has an effect), which makes the ear plugs all the more ridiculous.
What I mean is that when she walked through, there was barely a sound, but when everyone else walked through, we hear a loud sonic sound. Maybe the sound is just for effect for us and not really heard by them, but as you sais, that makes the ear plugs ridiculous.

Jen

Post by Jen »

David3 wrote:
420brownie wrote:I think the sound is probably at a pitch that is not audible to humans (but somehow still has an effect), which makes the ear plugs all the more ridiculous.
What I mean is that when she walked through, there was barely a sound, but when everyone else walked through, we hear a loud sonic sound. Maybe the sound is just for effect for us and not really heard by them, but as you sais, that makes the ear plugs ridiculous.
or maybe it makes a sound that is 6 times as loud because there are 6 people going through. I don't really believe that, though.

Perry

Post by Perry »

I agree that wearing ear plugs to save you seems ridiculous, but remember the sonic fence was probably on the lowest setting. Also even when Mikhail walked through, the sound effect was much louder but I think that sound was just for the audience and there wasn't actually an audible sound. The 2 main strange things about the fence is that ear plugs seems to stop inaudible sound waves, and that the wave is directional so that it doesn't affect people nearby (I know the US military has that weapon that has directional sound that I saw on Future Weapons but this was Dharma [presumably] we're talking about).
Even if earplugs do work, and that may seem ridiculous and stupid, remember that the fence seems to mainly function as a way to protect the Dharma initiative from Smokey,who doesn't look like he can wear earplugs to me, unless maybe he turns into Yemi.

David3

Post by David3 »

The most important question...do the earplugs have a Dharma logo on them?

Return to “5x08: LaFleur”