Kenneth

Stephen
Site Admin

Kenneth

Post by Stephen »

I just started watching 30 Rock this season, and I think right after the first episode I saw (season premiere) Claude mentioned on a podcast how much he hates Kenneth. Now pretty much since the beginning I've hated him too. Is it bad influence, or is he really a bad character?

You-Know-Who

Re: Kenneth

Post by You-Know-Who »

Granted, I've only seen a couple episodes, but I think Kenneth is one of the funniest characters.

Jen

Post by Jen »

I like Kenneth. He gets a lot of poor writing, but he allows some really great moments (like when Jack and Liz are both shouting tirades at him and spontaneously and simultaneously call him an "Appalachian mouth-breater") Also, the actor is pretty great in interviews, though as I am constantly being reminded by a certain someone whose name starts with "J" and ends with "ustin," actors are not the characters they play and vice versa.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Wow, whats up with this whole "MILF Island" thing... i'm gonna have to watch that episode :)

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20191326,00.html

Jen

Post by Jen »

They really went bananas on the guest stars for the season finale. they even got that guy who did the "Iran" digital short for SNL (not as good as Dick in a Box or Motherlover, but pretty funny nonetheless)

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

My feelings about 30 Rock has changed. I am once again in love with the show. This past season was great. What I was reacting to was a shift in the comedy and characters, but I've grown to like it. It's dramatically different than the first season, and even quite different than season 2. But still my fav comedy!

Jen

Post by Jen »

there have been some weak episodes here and there, and i really cannot stand jenna-- i think she represents the flattest kind of female character-- but i have always stuck with it. But the musical number they ended this season with was SO WEAK compared to the Midnight Train to Georgia. its only salvation was the ridiculous number of cameos; it seemed to thumb its nose at the folks who have been criticizing this season's guest stars, esp with liz and jack's final interchange

Return to “30 Rock”