Initial Reactions...

TheRadioTower

Initial Reactions...

Post by TheRadioTower »

Oh boy what an episode.

This was one gut punch after another...

In the begining it seemed a fairly conventional action-adventure story that they do in the finale, with Locke being badass and pwning newbs but once they reach the sub it turns into a completely different episode. Such an emotional sequence of events Sayid dead!! then Frank dead!! then Sun & Jin dead!! and then we cut to sideways and Locke shares that moving story about the plane with Jack. I was completely overwhelmed. And then to top it all off that scene at the beach! IMO, one of the best hour the show has done.

Claude
Site Admin

Re: Initial Reactions...

Post by Claude »

This episode seemed to go by so fast! I guess because of all the action. I knew Sayid's redemption was coming!
RIP Sun and Jin, Sayid, (Frank?)
This will be a seminal podcast!

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

I forgot to add that the whole sequence in sub was very similar to the sequence on the freighter in "There is no place like home part 2" in that how chaotic it was and how many moving pieces it had. Also Lost has been full of people making plans that fail in spectacular fashion but as far as failed plans go this Sawyer plan really takes the cake, he was wrong about everything and got more regulars killed in one swoop then any other time. There is no way Sawyer can now give Jack shit about Juliet.

userpjx

Post by userpjx »

Yes, this really is one of the all time most memorable episodes. I did seem very similar to the season 4 finale in all the right ways. Sun and Jin's death was very sad and kind of unexpected. Even halfway through the scene I thought that Jin would leave to raise Ji-Yeon, but no. The hands drifting apart will be a pretty iconic image from here on out. Also, having the remaining characters take time to grieve the record breaking 4 main characters who perished on that sub was very welcome.

This one will take some time to settle in.

JanicM

Post by JanicM »

Great episode, I liked the reveal about MiB trying to kill all the candidates instead of having to leave with them. It only makes sense considering he had to get Jacob out of the way as well. I guess I didn't think about that™.
I'm not gonna lie, the Sun & Jin scene made me tear up ;)
"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it."

Return to “6x14: The Candidate”