Galactica Lowdown

Got ideas you want us to talk about?
muttonboy

Galactica Lowdown

Post by muttonboy »

I think Justin mentioned it a few times. I borrowed a copy and have now watched part way through season two. This show is awesome (it's what Lost would be if it would just kill off half its auxiliary characters and spend some quality time with the rest). Frankly, I think Claude may be a Cylon...but don't tell me if I'm right, I haven't got that far yet. Anyway, my hands up for a Battlestar Podcast...

Jen

Re: Galactica Lowdown

Post by Jen »

May i just say (ahem...JUSTIN) this was my idea and I wanted in on it.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Muttonboy, your timing seems prescient. Justin and I were just talking about doing a podcast about the BSG season 4 premiere. Not sure exactly if we're starting a new podcast, or will just do some BSG Mr. Podcast episodes, but you won't have to wait long to hear us discuss the relative merits of always keeping your FTL drive on standby!

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

That's 'fracken' awesome - first LOST, then BSG!! Now all I have to do is convince you guys to do a 'The Littlest Hobo' Podcast and I'll have the perfect ratio of TV-to-Audio-Commentary content! (Re: The Littlest Hobo: wiki says, "the only constant was the dog" which may have a LOST tie-in: the show kept me grounded and connected throughout the early '80s - preschool was as tough, if not tougher, than Desmond's Scottish Regiment!) Thanks guys - and gal-sometimes....("Gal-Sometimes"?? now that I think about it, that's a very super-power like name!)
FYI - from WIKI: "An episode of the popular Canadian sitcom, Corner Gas, paid tribute to The Littlest Hobo in the episode "The Littlest Yarbo" that first aired in October 2005. In this episode, a German shepherd mysteriously arrives in show's fictional setting of Dog River, Saskatchewan and begins intervening whenever someone gets into trouble. Hank, the town's resident dimwit, is convinced this dog is The Littlest Hobo from TV. The episode ends with "Hobo" locking Brent and Hank in a shed and stealing a steak off a barbecue while Brent yells "This isn't very Hobo like!". The dog then hops onto the back of pick-up truck heading out of town, as "Maybe Tomorrow" plays over the episode's closing credits."
I laughed, and cried, when I saw this episode. (It would be similar to having a flash-forward of Locke chopping salami for Pizza Hut, or Sawyer reading to kids and then the librarian chasing him away because he's smoking - speaking of which, didn't Sawyer smoke? What happened with that?)

Jen

Post by Jen »

muttonboy wrote:("Gal-Sometimes"?? now that I think about it, that's a very super-power like name!)
i can hear the 1940s radio announcer: "And it's once again time for serial adventure radio hour with Sometimes-gal the Transsexual and her furry sidekick Monstro the Malamute!"

As for the Littlest Hobo, I just don't get Canadian TV. All over the map. I mean, Kids in the Hall and Degrassi High are all I have to base this on, but nonetheless...

PS I sometimes find myself accidentally saying 'godsdamnit' and 'oh my gods'

Jen

Post by Jen »

not a spoiler if you have seen BSG thru the end of s3Spoiler
is it just me or is cylon anders about 500,000 times sexier than pyramid-star anders?

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

I'm hoping you guys do a nice long Galactica Lowdown soon (ie, during the LOST S4-S5 hiatus) because I have NO CLUE what is going on anymore and I need guidance. What was my second-favorite show when it tied up Season 3 (which was a GRRRRRRRRRR-ATE finally), is now a: Spoiler
chore for me to watch: what the hell happened? Is it me? Have I lost my way ... or has the show gone to crap in trying to tie things up? (Hmm: LOST better not got to crap.)
. Uggghhhhh! Help me!!!

Return to “Topics”