Ben's man on the boat

Second episode of the fourth season.
aurorawest

Ben's man on the boat

Post by aurorawest »

Any guesses? Michael is my favourite at the moment.

MekareQ

Re: Ben's man on the boat

Post by MekareQ »

I hope it's not another new person. Can we do some brainstorming?
Michael is the number one guess at this point.... Let's think outside the box.

Who is off-island with a connection to the island who would be willing to work for Ben?

Frankly, minus being choked to death my best guess would have been Anthony Cooper.

Leaving aside the "man" part of the "Man on the boat," I'm guessing Nadia, Sayid's Boo.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

I suggest Annie, but she's not a man. Unless she had a sex change. Mannie?

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

Annie... I really like that. I don't think we should put too much stock in the "Man" part. If he said "person" on the boat, it would sound stupid. If there's not many women he might say "man" to preserve her identity. It probably doesn't matter at all, but in JJ Abram's last show, Alias, "The Man" they kept referring to was a woman, and the main character's mom.

David3

Post by David3 »

I first thought about Michael, but then that didn't make sense to me. How could be be communicating with Michael? At what point was there an agreement made that he would be a spy?

Annie is a possibility but where do the rest of the others think she is? On assignment in Canada?

I think there could be a chance that he doesn't have a man on there at all and that Jacob told him.

Otherwise, I think it's someone we don't know.

Perry

Post by Perry »

My guess on Annie is that Ben got her pregnant and she died which is a big reason why he seemed so obsessed with fixing that problem and seemed so upset after Juliet failed to keep Sabine alive. (Richard telling Locke "Ben has been wasting our time with novelties like fertility problems")
So I don't think it's Annie on the boat.

(Hope I'm not proved wrong today in the episode, that would suck. I much prefer the idea that Annie died in pregnancy)

David3

Post by David3 »

Perry wrote:My guess on Annie is that Ben got her pregnant and she died which is a big reason why he seemed so obsessed with fixing that problem and seemed so upset after Juliet failed to keep Sabine alive. (Richard telling Locke "Ben has been wasting our time with novelties like fertility problems")

(Hope I'm not proved wrong today in the episode, that would suck. I much prefer the idea that Annie died in pregnancy)
I bet you are right. That's much better than Danielle forgetting that she's Annie and developing an accent.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Perry wrote:My guess on Annie is that Ben got her pregnant and she died which is a big reason why he seemed so obsessed with fixing that problem and seemed so upset after Juliet failed to keep Sabine alive. (Richard telling Locke "Ben has been wasting our time with novelties like fertility problems")

I agree with this theory. It sounds like something they would do. It would also help explain Ben's "overreaction" to Karl.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Justin wrote:

I agree with this theory. It sounds like something they would do. It would also help explain Ben's "overreaction" to Karl.
And his devotion to finding a way to stop women from dying.

Return to “4x02: Confirmed Dead”