A Polar Bear in Tunisia?

Second episode of the fourth season.
David3

A Polar Bear in Tunisia?

Post by David3 »

A polar bear from the Hydra Station ends up in Tunisia? That's almost as wierd as a Nigerian drug plane ending up on the island. Wormhole anyone?

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: A Polar Bear in Tunisia?

Post by Stephen »

So does this mean the wormhole is not in the looking glass, but the hydra?

If it had not been identified I would have assumed it was the distant future and this mysterious french speaking place was the island. The Dharma belt thing really threw me off. If it were just a generic Dharma tag, fine, but why is it specific with the Hydra? Did one of the polar bears swim really really far and end up in northern Africa? Also it was way old...

And that chick was identified as an anthropologist by Naomi, not an archaeologist? Maybe she was studying the natives of the island?

Savard

Post by Savard »

well, polar bears swim very far distances, but unless our island is the island of Malta, I doubt they'd make it to tunisia :)

Charlotte seems very weird to me. I think she knows more about the island than the other 3 helicopter guys. That's also supported by the fact, that she was the only one who did something island related in the flashback. Also she seemed *very* happy and enthusiastic about being on the island. and the way she looked around herself while she was in the water made me feel that wasn't just about surviving the supposed crash. she was smiling. maybe she already has been one the island one time, and now she's glad she is back?

David3

Post by David3 »

She also seemed very excited to see that a baby had been born on the island.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

I thought that was creepy at the time as well.... I do not like her. I sort of like Dan, and I think the pilot are on the up and up, but I think Charlotte may be a little evil.

Clive Staples Lewis = C.S. Lewis
Charlotte Staples Lewis?

Is this just another form of philosopher names which don't mean anything. As one of the few people on the *planet* who read the "space trilogy" he wrote, I will say that there are some parallels, but frankly they're not really apparent and I don't think they can possibly matter.

Return to “4x02: Confirmed Dead”