Desmond's visions of Claire and Aaron.

Episodio tres.
David3

Desmond's visions of Claire and Aaron.

Post by David3 »

Every vision Desmond had last season was of a event he would be present to witness in the future. How could he have a vision of Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter, if he's not even on the island? Does that mean he'll soon be back on the island? Was he lying in hopes of getting himself off the island (plausible, he was going to get Charlie killed before to get who he thought was Penny to island)? I'm going to assume he returns.

Justin
Site Admin

Re: Desmond's visions of Claire and Aaron.

Post by Justin »

Desmond left the island? Did I miss something?

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Answer: Yes

Lara

Post by Lara »

Well, he has been wrong before. He saw Penny instead of Naomi when they took the helmet off the parashooter.

Perry

Post by Perry »

David3 wrote:Every vision Desmond had last season was of a event he would be present to witness in the future. How could he have a vision of Claire and Aaron getting on a helicopter, if he's not even on the island? Does that mean he'll soon be back on the island? Was he lying in hopes of getting himself off the island (plausible, he was going to get Charlie killed before to get who he thought was Penny to island)? I'm going to assume he returns.
Flashes of Charlie drowning and Charlie slipping on the rock weren't visions where he would've been present.
Lara wrote:Well, he has been wrong before. He saw Penny instead of Naomi when they took the helmet off the parashooter.
I don't think he ever saw Penny, he just guessed it was Penny from seeing the photograph, and thought that saving Charlie somehow magically changed Penny into Naomi.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Desmond was lying. He actually saw himself getting on the helicopter, but to give charlie motivation he told him it was Claire. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Shouldn't he have only seen Claire/Aaron getting on the heli if Charlie was in peril someplace close by? Meaning: All of his visions related to saving Charlie, why is this Claire one different? Maybe he is just lying. But if he is, that's not cool.

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Desmond's not a saint, Claude (despite his priestly history). He would do almost anything to be with Penny, just like what Michael did to get Walt back.
Character's have to have conflict whether internal or external to stay interesting, look at Claire for a example. Now Desmond is pretty much set for life in the conflict-area since he and Penny have this "will they find each other, or won't they find each other" situation, but that doesn't mean his character can't get more layered, shady, or interesting.

Return to “4x03: The Economist”