Aaron

Egg-tastic.
Perry

Aaron

Post by Perry »

1. Did anybody not see that ending coming from a mile away? Yet again another stupid non-reveal, or a feveal. They're 4/4 this season.

2. Hopefully they are trying to trick us. Perhaps the scenes with Kate on the island with Claire are meant to show Kate's jealousy of Claire, and she in fact does fall pregnant to Sawyer, and wants to be like Claire *cough cough* so she also names her baby Aaron, even though he really couldn't have grown up that fast in only 2 years.

Oh man, I really wish they would give us a proper big twist. Like anybody was really shocked to hear the heli hadn't landed on the freighter.

tanner

Re: Aaron

Post by tanner »

To be honest, they had me going! For about a second I was thinking it was Jack's (yep, they got me there, too...). Then they showed him and for a second I thought it was Sawyer's. And at first, even after she said his name, I thought she said Eric... But since she indeed did say Aaron, I don't see how it couldn't be Claire's Aaron. The writers do some crazy things, but I just can't see them naming him Aaron for the sole purpose of psyching out the viewers.

This is the closest I have to a theory about how Kate got Aaron, but let's just say New Year's Justin wouldn't approve of it:
On the island, something happened to Claire putting her in need of some medical attention. Maybe the sickness popped back up, but Juliet wasn't there to give her the medicine she gave her last time? Whatever. Anyways, something happens to Claire and she needs medical attention. Jack comes in to try to save her, but she dies. He gives another one of his "I should've saved her!" speeches, yaddayaddayadda. She's dead, so Claire 'adopts' Aaron. Jack, being the person he is, neeeever gets over accidentally letting Claire die, so that would explain why he doesn't want to see Aaron in the flashforwards; he is a living reminder of Jack's mistake.

So yeah, I know it's far fetched, but that's all I got for now! :|

Also, are we supposed to assume that in the season 3 finale when Kate says "I should get home, he's probably wondering where I am." she is referring to Aaron? The scene is, afterall, in the indefinite future, so Aaron could be who-knows-how-old by then, so it might make sense. I dunno.. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Perry

Re: Aaron

Post by Perry »

Well if we believe that the newspaper clipping from Jack's flash forward is correct, then this is quite a while before April 2007 since Jack still has to grow a beard. So this means that Aaron should look less than 2 years old still.
Aha, see, look at this..."The end credits credit William Blanchette not as Aaron but as 'Two Year Old Boy.'"

Return to “4x04: Eggtown”