Did this episode shed more light on the "sickness"?

Definitely better than Eggtown.
You-Know-Who

Did this episode shed more light on the "sickness"?

Post by You-Know-Who »

What if what Desmond and Minkowski had was what Rousseau and Dharma thought was the sickness?
I mean if you just saw people fall down on the ground or blank over every few minutes and their nose was bleeding and you didn't know what was going on, wouldn't you think they were sick.
It makes perfect sense.
Maybe Rousseau's science team were doing experiments with radiation on their ship, and they heard the numbers over the radio and then they got close enough to the island to start getting "sick" the way Dessy and Minkowski were, and maybe Rousseau didn't because her constant is Alex.
And what if the "incident" is that the island constantly gave off radiation and people coming to it would get "sick" unless they were hazmat suits, but then Dharma built the swan hatch to control the electromagnetic radiation and people were free to come and go from the island, until Locke blew the hatch up and now the island is again giving off vast amounts of electro-radiation.

Whatever it is, I'm positively sure that what happened to Desmond in this episode is connected to the "sickness". Thoughts?
Last edited by You-Know-Who on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

paul in vegas

Re: Did this episode shed more light on the "sickness"?

Post by paul in vegas »

You-Know-Who wrote:What if what Desmond and Minkowski had was what Rousseau and Dharma thought was the sickness?
I mean if you just saw people fall down on the ground or blank over every few minutes and their nose was bleeding and you didn't know what was going on, wouldn't you think they were sick.
It makes perfect sense.
Maybe Rousseau's science team were doing experiments with radiation on their ship, and they heard the numbers over the radio and then they got close enough to the island to start getting "sick" the way Dessy and Minkowski were, and maybe Rousseau didn't because her constant is Alex.
And what if the "incident" is that the island constantly gave off radiation and people coming to it would get "sick" unless they were hazmat suits, but then Dharma built the swan hatch to control the electromagnetic radiation and people were free to come and go from the island, until Locke blew the hatch up and now the island is again giving off vast amounts of electro-radiation.

Whatever it is , I'm positively sure that what happened to Desmond in this episode is connected to the "sickness". Thoughts?
wow. you win the award for best theory EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

YKW,

I think you hit the nail on the head. Just add that The vaccine was probably radiation inoculations and I think the case is closed on the sickness.

Next!

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

The swan station was "quarantined" because it was close to the source of the electromagnetic radiation. Desmond, having spent years down there, AND being at the epicenter of the failsafe implosion was super-charged.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

I love that theory! An alternate explanation for Danielle's not getting the "sickness," they were exposing themselves to radiation during Danielle's pregnancy, and she avoided it.

Return to “4x05: The Constant”