The Temptress

La Mujer Otro
tanner

The Temptress

Post by tanner »

In the Other Woman podcast, Claude & Justin were speculating as to how the gas in The temptress (and most likely the same gas used in The Purge) would spread across the island and affect everyone on it. I feel like that's too big of an issue for the writer's to just expect the viewers to ignore the question completely, and I think they could use this to kill two birds with one stone accredit the ability of the gas to reach the entire island to the Cerberus Vents, and close both cases with that one or two lines.. I dunno, though.
Does anyone else have any theories or speculation they'd like to add regarding the Temptress?

Claude
Site Admin

Re: The Temptress

Post by Claude »

Like I said on the podcast, the biggest question isn't how, but why. even if they tell us there are vents on the island, why are they there? Did Dharma have this as a legitamite contigency plan for some possibe mishap? One big island-wide life-killing failsafe?

Just had a wild idea. What if smokey is some combination of the gas and some island entity?

tanner

Post by tanner »

I think the question of why the CVs are there (or any other possible explanation to how the gas would hypothetically travel across the whole island) will inevitably go back to the DHARMA project. However, since Ben was just a kid when DHARMA was at full-force, I don't think he is really capable of supplying those answers. I think there are only a few people who could give us these answers: Richard, Jacob, and maybe Charlotte if she gets to work. I'm just worried that Richard is pretty well out of the picture, and Jacob isn't all we're chalking him up to be. But even is Jacob ends up being as mystic as we've been led to believe, I just can't see him giving us a whole presentation about the history of DHARMA. I feel like Charlotte is our last possible tie to anything DHARMA-related, and even she is lacking in her usefulness so far..

Perry

Post by Perry »

Btw, it's Tempest not Temptress.

tanner

Post by tanner »

Perry wrote:Btw, it's Tempest not Temptress.
Hahahah, oops. I thought I had something wrong, but couldn't put my finger on it. And now I just feel ridiculous.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

tanner wrote:I think the question of why the CVs are there (or any other possible explanation to how the gas would hypothetically travel across the whole island) will inevitably go back to the DHARMA project. However, since Ben was just a kid when DHARMA was at full-force, I don't think he is really capable of supplying those answers. I think there are only a few people who could give us these answers: Richard, Jacob, and maybe Charlotte if she gets to work. I'm just worried that Richard is pretty well out of the picture, and Jacob isn't all we're chalking him up to be. But even is Jacob ends up being as mystic as we've been led to believe, I just can't see him giving us a whole presentation about the history of DHARMA. I feel like Charlotte is our last possible tie to anything DHARMA-related, and even she is lacking in her usefulness so far..
I'd bet that few people know as much about Dharma than the man who took them down. Sure Ben was a kid when Dharma was in full force, but after the purge he had access to any and all data. He should have been able to learn just about everything but maybe the most highly guarded secrets (like where Hanso get his dry cleaning done).

I would hope that if they bring up the CVs (which we only know about from the blast door map, which hasn't proved useful since the ? episode) that they would explain why they are there. But then again, they presented us with the sonic fence, and didn't try too hard explaining it's existence.

Return to “4x06: The Other Woman”