Jin Still Alive?

Probably a Charlie episode.
David3

Jin Still Alive?

Post by David3 »

I'm sure everyone saw that Jin's tombstone says that he died on 9/22/2004, which of course is the date of the crash. This means a few things. One, he's not one of the Oceanic 6. Two, he either died before they got off the island, or he's still on the island. As part of the Oceanic 6's story, he died in the crash and upon Sun coming home, they have a funeral for Jin.

So that raises the question, if Jin is still alive on the island, does Sun know. Does she think he died so she goes along with the Oceanic 6 story? Or does she know he's still there, and she uses the tombstone as her way of communicating with him?

muttonboy

Re: Jin Still Alive?

Post by muttonboy »

Ummmm...Jin is clearly ALIVE and OFF ISLAND when Sun has the baby. He gets the Panda and goes to the hospital saying he is a delivery boy for Mr. Paik. I think Sun is in China, faking a marriage to someone who is NOT Jin (the guy who walked by the hospital door), though she in her pain she calls out Jin's name. Jin is not Oceanic Six - BUT he got off the island and is alive underneath the whole Oceanic 6 media blitz. I think the bigger question is: does Mr. Paik know that Jin is alive, and if so, then is he in on the KNOW in regards to the island?

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Ummmm...Jin is clearly ALIVE and OFF ISLAND
muttonchild, you sure are nutty! CLEARLY Jin's portion was a FLASHBACK, and not a FLASHFORWARD. You so crazy...

(Anyway, ain't saying Jin is dead - just that, yeah, looks like he wasn't in the future after all. As Bernard would say: KARMA baby - I get mine for being so snarky without a'thinkin!)

tanner

Post by tanner »

I noticed the date on the tombstone also. I posted my thoguhts about this in the "Does anyone really care that Jin might be dead?" thread if you're interested in seeing what I have to say.

JanicM

Post by JanicM »

Definitely an option. Sun never said Jin was dead, just that she's missing him. However: If he's still alive on-island the plot of this ep. would even be more irrelevant than it already is. (having a plottwist for the sake of just having one; especially Jin's flashback)
"Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it."

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

I agree Janic, even though it's sad I kinda think that Jin is dead. His story had a full arc of redemption, going from a angry mean husband who wanted his wife to follow him everywhere, to a sensitive calm husband who would follow his WIFE wherever she wanted to go (Lockes camp). Plus the actor who plays him got a DUI earlier this year, that always helps. ;-)

Return to “4x07: Ji Yeon”