Does anyone care that Jin might be dead?

Probably a Charlie episode.
Claude
Site Admin

Does anyone care that Jin might be dead?

Post by Claude »

I really didn't appreciate the "twist" in this episode. It would have been different if they were actually imparting information. But 90% of the reveal was just obvious manipulation. Which, for a TV show, is just too easy to do.

I don't know why we needed to see Jin deliver a panda to some associate of Mr. Paik's. Twist aside, what is the merit here?

And as far as the flash forward, I think it's safe to assume that Jin is dead. But of course the how's and why's aren't addressed. I'm not surprised.

Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Does anyone care that Jin might be dead?

Post by Stephen »

You know, I didn't think about it much. Now that I think about it, why would Sun visit the grave if she knew he was alive? Maybe she thought Paik's cronies were watching her and wanted everyone to think she believed Jin was dead.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Stephen wrote:You know, I didn't think about it much. Now that I think about it, why would Sun visit the grave if she knew he was alive? Maybe she thought Paik's cronies were watching her and wanted everyone to think she believed Jin was dead.
Yes, the only reason for Sun to cry over Jin's grave if he is still alive would be for some sort of subterfuge. I really don't think this is the case, thus, I think Jin's dead. If he's not, then this would have been the most meaninglessly manipulative episode ever.

Perry

Post by Perry »

I think the main question is why is Hurley glad no one else came to see Sun. Other stuff seems clear cut.

SUN: I can't believe you came all this way.
HURLEY: Are you kidding? Is anyone else coming?
SUN: No.
HURLEY: Good...

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

I don't know why we needed to see Jin deliver a panda to some associate of Mr. Paik's. Twist aside, what is the merit here?
I suspect they were doing the old "redemption before death" plot - ie, Jin comes to terms with Sun's cheatin' ways on the island, he blatantly admits that he is a changed man, and in the flashback we see that he was NOT always a bad guy, that he also "delivered" baby presents instead of "death and destruction".

tanner

Post by tanner »

I don't know if any of you saw the "next time on Lost" thing right after the episode, but the narrator had a line at the end saying "SOMEONE.. WILL.. DIE!" This was literally a few seconds after Sun and Hurley visited the grave, so I just don't believe they would make it that obvious.

My guess is that Jin stayed behind on the island and let Sun go because he knew she'd die otherwise. Neither Sun nor Hurley ever explicitly say that Jin is dead, so I want to believe that part of the Oceanic 6's lie was saying that Jin died so they had a grave put in. Lastly, I think Sun and Hurley's visit could be explained as just a tribute to Jin on the island. It's the only physical thing they have as a representation of Jin..

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Who knows maybe JIn will die next week (or later)... It's kinda like the same thing that happened with Charlie and Desmonds visions. Also I'm expecting Claire to die judging by Kate's flashfoward...
Spoiler
In the preview when it say someone will die we see the faces of Claire, Juliet, Miles, Desmond, and Jin, I think it's probably safe to say it could be one of those.
And by the way if anyone looks for the preview for next week on youtube don't watch the one uploaded by WireLover, it totally spoils you about something pretty big in the description for the video and also in the users picture...Trust me I'm not happy I know and this is something which would be better as a shocking reveal in the show.

Luberian Lustus

Post by Luberian Lustus »

This twist was INSANE! Did not see it comming, Bernard and Jin is married!???? That's sick.. and all this time? well, poor Bernard then.

"If you make gay choices, gay things happens to you... I guess we're the gay guys"

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

How is Bernard and Jin being married sick? I always knew they were meant for each other.

Return to “4x07: Ji Yeon”