What'd you think?

Stephen
Site Admin

What'd you think?

Post by Stephen »

Wow, this was really good. My first thought was it must have cost a bundle to get all those flashback characters together for one episode. That was Jack's mom? I think we saw her in one scene in season one. And Claire's mummy is out of her coma? I'm glad

There were very few questions, with lots of answers and resolutions.

Another Dharma secret passage (elevator).
The settlement was so much that Sun could buy a controlling stake in her father's company? I suppose she would get more than, say Claire, because she lost her husband. I would imagine the family of the "dead" passengers would get more than the living survivors. Where did Oceanic get billions of dollars?

Are the numbers in the car one of the reasons Hurley goes crazy?

The (white) rabbits foot keychain in the opening scene and on Hurley's car.

I would have liked more interaction with Jin and Michael. Speaking of which, a cabin-full of C4! Sounds like a job for Sayid. Also I'm getting tired of Jin's spontaneous awesome English skills.

I liked the scenes when Nadia and Sayid meet and when Jack finds out about his sister.

And I liked how it ended: No real cliffhanger, just a nice smooth (corny) ending. Except they should have resolved the helicopter/sawyer/locke bit, then show them about to do stuff.

David3

Re: What'd you think?

Post by David3 »

Stephen wrote: The settlement was so much that Sun could buy a controlling stake in her father's company? I suppose she would get more than, say Claire, because she Lost her husband. I would imagine the family of the "dead" passengers would get more than the living survivors. Where did Oceanic get billions of dollars?
How does one go about buying controlling interest in a company without the current leader even having a clue? I thought that was unrealistic. She said she blames two people for Jin's death, I wonder who else she blames. I'm still in the camp that doesn't think he is dead, even if she really thinks he is.
Stephen wrote: Are the numbers in the car one of the reasons Hurley goes crazy?
I am sure it doesn't help.
Stephen wrote:I would have liked more interaction with Jin and Michael. Speaking of which, a cabin-full of C4! Sounds like a job for Sayid. Also I'm getting tired of Jin's spontaneous awesome English skills.
I was dissapointed that they used this to reveal how Michael got back home. I guess I was hoping for more. I just find it unrealistic that they drove that boat for two days before they found land. Gas? Not to mention that after a few hours I would start wondering if Ben just sent me out here to die. I probably would have turned around myself.

David3

Post by David3 »

I thought the episode was pretty good. In typical LOST fashion they used the penultimate episode to set of the events of the finale. I've got a lot of questions. Hopefully we'll get a lot of answers in the finale. I'm hoping the island moving will be a cool reveal. I'm guessing that's the "frozen donkey wheel".

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Wow... it went by in flash... but in a good way, as in I wanted more. This is really the first hour of the three hour finale and it shows. I love how in the finales everyone's always moving about and sooo much stuff is happening.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I expected more comments on this episode. Maybe everyone's just waiting for the podcast?

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yeah, I don't know what's going on... maybe since it's becoming summer everyones either doing other stuff or just being lazy in the sun. I thought it was a very good episode... but I will make my final judgement when I see parts 2 and 3. By the way, are you guys gonna record and release the podcast this week or on week 2? (since there's a 2 week break till the last two hours of the finale).

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

A few things, figured I'd post them all here instead of starting any new threads:

1. Ben hands his "magic wand" over to Locke before walking hands-up in on Keeme. I think that this is the earliest we see the weapon that he future-uses. I can't help but think: a) are they just putting it in there so that we see it and start to get used to it; or b) is this leading up to some sort of union of the time-travel/current timeline coming together (ie, Ben going to the Orchid meeting his scenes in Tunsinia, etc).

2. Why is everyone so pissy-eyed towards Jack? Even if he did a "bad thing" doesn't everyone know that Jack would never do a "bad thing" on purpose? A lot of people make the same mistakes in life: generally an arse who does is viewed differently than "one of the good ones" is. The other Oceanicers evil-eye him like he's been a prick from day one.

3. (Why did Desmond stay on the boat if he knows that Penny is looking for him ON THE ISLAND??)

4. Jack talking with Claire's mother = Great Scene. I really think they pulled it off on both levels (Jack being able to show shock, as from her perspective he just learned that his Dad was an Aussie stud and he had a sister; Jack actually realizing that Claire was his sister and Aaron is his nephew.)

5. I really need an official timeline guide. I'm so fecked up over what happened when...

6. I know we should let it go BUT...what about the other two (Oceanic 6 plus the 2 that died): I mean, wouldn't family members of other passengers be asking who they were? wouldn't they have to attempt to recover the bodies of those two?

7. Why OH why does Kate assume the responsibility of raising Aaron?

8. How did those island fisherman have a camera? Did that seem staged too? (Not that it matters I guess, since it's all essentially staged anyway).

vickih

Post by vickih »

Why is Hurley still going with Locke and Ben if he wants to get off the island? Last episode he said that he didn't want to go back to the beach because he would be scary at night (i think he said it that way). Did he still just go with them because it was still dark outside?
Weird!!

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

I know it is weird. I think it's a plot hole.

yoshi

Post by yoshi »

muttonboy wrote:A few things, figured I'd post them all here instead of starting any new threads:

1. Ben hands his "magic wand" over to Locke before walking hands-up in on Keeme. I think that this is the earliest we see the weapon that he future-uses. I can't help but think: a) are they just putting it in there so that we see it and start to get used to it; or b) is this leading up to some sort of union of the time-travel/current timeline coming together (ie, Ben going to the Orchid meeting his scenes in Tunsinia, etc).
Ben has used his "Wand" once before I think its the episode where the others give Sawyer the Facemaker (fake pacemaker) it was on the Hydra Island when Sawyer was in the polar bear cage and had his grand plan to grab hold of Pickett and zap him when he stepped in the puddle of water - Ben comes along and Sawyer is delighted saying something like "well whada you know the big kahuna" grabs Ben and pushes the button -nothing happens he pushes the button frantically again - nothing Ben smiles and says "we turned it off" with that out flicks the "wand" and Ben beats the crap out of Sawyer

vickih

Post by vickih »

You-Know-Who wrote:I know it is weird. I think it's a plot hole.
I agree. Do you mean they need Hurley to be in that location on the island to further the story?

riothero

Post by riothero »

You know, Ryan from the Transmission revealed some info on the deleted scenes from the last episode. Apparently, at the press conference, a reporter asks Jack how there could be EIGHT survivors if Aaron was not born until after the crash... In other words, it is revealed that, according to the "official" sotry, there were not TWO survivors who died following the crash but THREE. Jack names them: CHARLIE PACE, BOONE CARLYLE, and LIBBY.... Then, apparently, Jack notes how, strangely, nobody knew Libby's last name...

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

vickih wrote:
I agree. Do you mean they need Hurley to be in that location on the island to further the story?
Yeah, basically. On the other hand maybe there is an explanation, like what if they walked through the night from the cabin to the orchid and Hurley didn't want to leave by himself at night.

vickih

Post by vickih »

You-Know-Who wrote:
vickih wrote:
Yeah, basically. On the other hand maybe there is an explanation, like what if they walked through the night from the cabin to the orchid and Hurley didn't want to leave by himself at night.
that is probably what happened. Hurley didn't want to walk to the beach when there was still some daylight. so i agree they probably started to go to the Orchid station at night and Hurley was scared.

Return to “4x12: There's No Place Like Home, Pt. 1”