Aquisition of Paik

David3

Aquisition of Paik

Post by David3 »

I re-watched part 1 of the finale today. In the secne just before Sun tells her dad that she has bought controlling interest in the company, we see Paik talking to some of his men. One of them says something alongs the lines of "the money came from 5 different banks." I doubt Sun has money just sitting in a bunch of different accounts. Could this mean that Sun somehow convinced the other 4 adult members of the Oceanic 6 to help her buy controliing interest in the company? If so, why would they be doing it.

vickih

Re: Aquisition of Paik

Post by vickih »

David3 wrote:I re-watched part 1 of the finale today. In the secne just before Sun tells her dad that she has bought controlling interest in the company, we see Paik talking to some of his men. One of them says something alongs the lines of "the money came from 5 different banks." I doubt Sun has money just sitting in a bunch of different accounts. Could this mean that Sun somehow convinced the other 4 adult members of the Oceanic 6 to help her buy controliing interest in the company? If so, why would they be doing it.
That is what it appears to me to be the case. they intentionally put the line in the show (5 banks) so that could be our clue.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

I think they meant that Paik's guys tried getting loans from 5 banks in an attempt to counter Sun's offer (to keep control of the company) but that still was not enough.

David3

Post by David3 »

Stephen wrote:I think they meant that Paik's guys tried getting loans from 5 banks in an attempt to counter Sun's offer (to keep control of the company) but that still was not enough.
The guy told Mr. Paik, "Whoever did it, sir, used five different banks."

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

David3 wrote:
Stephen wrote:I think they meant that Paik's guys tried getting loans from 5 banks in an attempt to counter Sun's offer (to keep control of the company) but that still was not enough.
The guy told Mr. Paik, "Whoever did it, sir, used five different banks."
Interesting.

Maybe it's the other way around. Sun used her substantial worth to make huge loans from 5 different banks, just to ensure she got control.

Or maybe she teamed up with Ben and Widmore, and maybe some of the 6's banks, to buy the company.

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

My assumption was that she deliberately used 5 different banks to make it hard for Paik to know that all the shares were being bought by one person. I don't know how hostile takeovers work but if she had used only one back account to buy the shares, Paik's people would have noticed it and tried to prevent one person from grabbing the controlling stake in the company, by using 5 different banks she blind-sighted Paik's people.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

I agree with TheRadioTower's assessment, but I really like your theory David3.

I don't know how much Paik Industries is worth, but I'm thinking that Sun may not have had enough to do it alone.

Return to “4x12: There's No Place Like Home, Pt. 1”