Thoughts?

TheRadioTower

Thoughts?

Post by TheRadioTower »

I have been completely blown away. Speechless.

David3

Re: Thoughts?

Post by David3 »

I'm gonna need to watch that again.

radiant_redhead

Post by radiant_redhead »

what can one say?

I need like a week to wrap my mind around what just happened!

It's incredible! The island has moved...The 6 are off and now will soon be prepped to return...Dessie and Pen are reunited...Charlotte has some odd Island origins...Richard gets to tell Locke everything, but (oh yeah!) Locke will soon die off-Island under another name...Walt gets to have an actual line in the show since his brief season 2 appearances (low voice)...Mr. Eko likes chess, but Hurley is better...Claire doesn't want Aaron back on the Island...Ben is going to be a big help next season...Christian Shephard is the most confusing character on the show...Jin and Michael are really really dead....Sun is a fucking bad-ass back home...we have no idea what happened to Faraday and the red-shirts in the Zodiac...the Island has moved!!!!

wow!

wow!

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

WOW... That finale was truly amazing. There's just so much to process...
I'm so sad (and stunned) that Locke is in the coffin, he's one of my favorite characters and I can't believe he's dead. Even though I hate that he's dead, I hope TPTB don't make him come back to life or some shit like that cuz it would just take all the weight out of the moment retrospectively.

By the way HAROLD PERRINEAU CALLED WHO WAS IN THE COFFIN ALMOST A YEAR AGO @ COMICON. Watch @ 8:30 when Harold unknowingly (or knowingly?) calls it.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

The header is "thoughts"...so here goes: (keep in a mind a second/third/fourth viewing may change my opinions - as well as listening to the Lowdown: it does tend to alter my perception too!)

1) Desmond/Penny.....I am REALLY disappointed in how that played out. I mean, this whole LOST series could end with everyone drunk/insane/disemboweled etc etc and I will go with the writers/creaters as they see fit, but really, REALLY, Des and Penny need to be together, happy and in love when all this ends. And man, after all we've been through with them, I expected at least an extra 30seconds of air time for their reunion - I mean, I wanted Des on his knees hugging Penny's lower half with ecstasy and wailing Scotland The Brave forGods'sake! Come on - this is D&P!!!!! I really expected something more original and emotional...the whole li'l kiss and hug and onion-tear and then, "Oh, Penny, let me introduce you to me friends, eh" irked me gravely. Take a chance D'arlton: Des has lived all these years driven solely by the hope - a ridiculous hope, from all perspectives - that he could possibly find his love Penny, and when the reunite its just a daytime-soap teary-eyed "Oooh I missed ya!" ERRRRRRRRR!!!!! I just wanted something more....I wanted PASSION!! (Yeah, that's right: and here's a compliment to LOST really - that they took a Sci-Fi show and made the most important thing a hankering for a Love Song!!) ... Well, here's hoping Des and Pen split up and have a better reunion come season 6...

2) And now for something completely different: Locke in the coffin: PERFECT!! I really didn't expect this at all. I know it was out there (every name was out there!), but I didn't see how it fit. As the show went on I got worried that it was Ben (I don't want Ben dead). What is most intriguing is that Ben says, essentially, that Locke has to go back too...WHA??? His dead body? His soul? Sooooo how did he get off? How does a dead body get back? How do they keep Locke 'active' when he is dead?

3. Walt: this kid is gonna be a BIG deal in 'the future'. Guaranteed. I can't wait to see how he is involved with the RETURN. (Ie, what does Ben mean when he says, "You all have to go back." ALL? Obviously that includes the Oceanic 6, but does that also included Walt? Certainly Michael is dead, but he can still be a part of this...

4. The new "Others": Desmond/Penny/Lapidus: still alive, but WTF? Also: those on the island: Juliet/Charlotte/Miles/Sawyer? Hmm, how about the DEAD: Claire/Jack's Dad/Jacob? Oh, and don't forget the boat out there in the water: Faraday and 6 Redshirts?

5. Charlotte: Island Child? I guess she's in for the long haul, which leads me to believe the D. Faraday is likely to be a big part in the seasons to come.

6. Freighter burning up: BAD CGI (showed tooooo much, man).

7. Island moving: FANTASTIC! (showed just enough, man!)

8. The DEAD: Hurley playing chess with Eko: so both Charlie and Eko can 'get around'. Oh, and Claire. So what does this mean? Does this explain Locke's ability to return to the island when he's dead?

9. Speaking of which: why does Locke have an alias? (Surely this needs its own thread on the forum.)

10. Miles knows Charlotte's past? (Is Miles like a footnote in a book? Is there just to point a few things out: "Hey, dead bodies here! Anyone? Anyone?")

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

muttonboy wrote:after all we've been through with them, I expected at least an extra 30seconds of air time for their reunion - I mean, I wanted Des on his knees hugging Penny's lower half with ecstasy and wailing Scotland The Brave forGods'sake! Come on - this is D&P!!!!! I really expected something more original and emotional...
Aw, man that would be amazing (and hysterical)! But that's the thing with LOST, sometimes they don't go above and beyond. Their mythology is original, but sometimes their character stories lack in originality and ingenuity, but most of the time it's all good :).
muttonboy wrote: 9. Speaking of which: why does Locke have an alias? (Surely this needs its own thread on the forum.)
I'll get on it.
muttonboy wrote: 10. Miles knows Charlotte's past? (Is Miles like a footnote in a book? Is there just to point a few things out: "Hey, dead bodies here! Anyone? Anyone?")
I think Miles, Charlotte, and Daniel all got the short end of the stick this season. The problem was partly (with darlton's own admission) that the strike cut a few episodes out (about 3) where we could have had some flashbacks and learn more about these characters and their back story's. Darlton have said in interviews that one of the things they had to sacrifice for the strike was the freighter folk stories. I'm thinking in season 5 we'll get a lot more from these characters, because every one of them is interesting, hopefully there is good things in their futures and hopefuy we'll finally get the long awaited libby backstory (pretty please Darlton?)

SylviaJi

Post by SylviaJi »

Wow, i too am completely blown away. greatest lost episode yet!

-i was disappointed in the way Jin dies, unfair.... :(
-killer fight scene with Sayid and Keamy!
-Ben is truly evil, his response to killing everybody, "so?" ugh...I wanted to strangle him.
-what happens to faraday and the rest of the people on his boat?
-and locke in the coffin? whaaa?

lots of questions answered but more raised.

can't wait for the podcast!
-------
<3 Sawyer

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

(from my comment post on the blog)

I'm glad they didn't kill Desmond. But I would have thought they could have had Sayid deactivate the bomb in a minute, and there was plenty of time for Jin or Desmond to tell Sayid. And I would imagine Locke could have strapped the heart monitor to himself and it would continue operating.

And boy, does Malcolm David Kelley look old. Is Hurley serious though, is Michael still alive?

Coffin guy = Locke? Did he look a bit puffy to anyone else?

Where did the Six supposedly get that nice raft?

vickih

Post by vickih »

Great Season Finale!!!

I thought Sun was going to kill Widmore when she went to see him.

Where or when did the island go.

Is Jin dead? or did he jump off the freighter in time.

so many questions and very few answers.

David3

Post by David3 »

Stephen wrote:Where did the Six supposedly get that nice raft?
They claim they got it from a fishing boat that washed up on shore.

Return to “4x13:There's No Place Like Home, Pt 2&3”