Bad things happen on the island?

David3

Bad things happen on the island?

Post by David3 »

Locke comes to Jack to tell that some very bad things happened on the island after he's leaves and that it's his fault. Anyone have any speculation on what bad things could happen? And how is it Jack's fault?

vickih

Re: Bad things happen on the island?

Post by vickih »

I have been wondering that question also. I really don't know. Darlton didn't give us much to go on.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Is it Jack's fault, or Jack's responsibility? I can't help but think that if Christian is the Island's right-hand-man (we see him more than Jacob, eh?) then Jack is most certainly the heir to the throne, no? I guess this could mean that Locke isn't the true leader and, as per all his flashbacks, he just right-screws-up everything he is entrusted with - and the bad thing that happens is tied to Locke being inadequate. LOST isn't about characters reaching there 'perfect' place - it's about what LIFE REALLY DEALS OUT - ie, some folks live lives that are so traumatic that they turn to drink and drugs and scream "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!". It's not all happy endings. And so the 'bad thing' is that Jack has fought his destiny - just as 'bad' a thing as Locke following a destiny that isn't his to begin with...

vickih

Post by vickih »

muttonboy wrote:Is it Jack's fault, or Jack's responsibility? I can't help but think that if Christian is the Island's right-hand-man (we see him more than Jacob, eh?) then Jack is most certainly the heir to the throne, no? I guess this could mean that Locke isn't the true leader and, as per all his flashbacks, he just right-screws-up everything he is entrusted with - and the bad thing that happens is tied to Locke being inadequate. Lost isn't about characters reaching there 'perfect' place - it's about what LIFE REALLY DEALS OUT - ie, some folks live lives that are so traumatic that they turn to drink and drugs and scream "WE HAVE TO GO BACK!". It's not all happy endings. And so the 'bad thing' is that Jack has fought his destiny - just as 'bad' a thing as Locke following a destiny that isn't his to begin with...
Good Theory!

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

Yes, that's a very good theory, muttonboy. I have a feeling that Christian and Widmore both have either been on the island before or have a much stronger connection to it than we ever thought.

But I disagree with you in the sense that I DO think Locke has an important destiny. I think both he and Jack have different destinies that they need to fulfill and maybe if one of them leaves the island while the other stays on it creates an imbalance in the forces of the island and the island starts to inflict it's wraith on the people living on it and the people who left.
The island is a place "where miracles happen" ONLY if the survivors of oceanic 815 that the island wants alive are living on it. If some of the people that the islands wants leave the island (oceanic 6) then the island will get very angry. It will haunt the oceanic 6 with visions and things telling them to go back. It will haunt the people who stayed on the island telling them that they have to get the oceanic 6 back. Now, because the survivors split up the ying and yang of the island has been broken and the island will not stay a place where miracles happen, it'll become a place where haunting and destruction happen. The only way the island can be appeased is by bringing the original survivors back together again.
Why does the island want these certain people to come back? What purpose are they supposed to fulfill? That's a question for season 6...

Return to “4x13:There's No Place Like Home, Pt 2&3”