Twin Peaks

30 Rock, Dexter, BSG
Vince

Twin Peaks

Post by Vince »

OK, guys. I just finished watching episode 2 of The Return and I am absolutely loving it! The story, the pacing, the imagery, the performances, the sound design - all impeccable. Please, please, please podcast!!!!

Justin
Site Admin

Re: Twin Peaks

Post by Justin »

It is happening...again...for the first time...!

(Check Mr. Podcast)

Vince

Post by Vince »

Hell-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Vince

Post by Vince »

Hey Guys - Just checking in after first couple listening sessions - loving the discussion! Glad to hear other voices as giddy as I am about this amazing phenomenon 26 years coming!!! My gf is a huge old-school TP fan, too :) We've watched each Part twice, now, but listening to you, I'm clearer on a few finer points in the story. Thanks! We just rewatched Fire Walk With Me in Feb (for Laura Palmer Day Eve) but I feel I need to see again, in light of The Return. And, thanks to you, I'm now super-intrigued to see the missing pieces. This Bob/Doppleganger/BadCooper = Fake Cooper = Fooper?.. After seeing Coop re-enter the real world (Las Vegas?) via an electrical outlet (both "doors") it got me thinking that electricity could be elemental in this story. Examples: detective's intermittent/broken flashlight, pretty sure there was another similar defective light/lamp in 1 or 2, Bad Cooper's secret-agent-suitcase-style computer "glitching," a tradition of dimming bulbs, several things I'm not thinking of at the moment, and now after seeing Part 5 the crazy-haywire-system-freak-out Fooper pulled in jail. Anyway, something to keep an eye on. I'm about 80 pages into Frost's Secret History and quite enjoying it :) (i humbly request being gentle with spoilers) One connection I appreciated was Wally Brando's poetic reference to Lewis and Clark. It gave an otherwise hammy, throwaway line a new weight given the events in SH. I'm generally trying to stay spoiler free (looked at the big cast list when it was first announced last year but have since forgotten most of 'em). Really enjoying the weekly Who's-It-Gonna-Be? We totally missed Jean Michel Renault - great catch! Fingers crossed for a Mr. Dick Tremain ;) OK, that's it for now. Thanks for podcasting this awesome show :) Looking forward to the Summer of Twin Peaks!

Vince

Post by Vince »

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Almost one year after the premiere, and I still don't understand "The Return". Watching other Lynch, though, Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart, showed he always had a bit of "Dougie" in his work, I just let it slide, because it wasn't 13 HOURS of Dougie-type hijinks.

Vince

Post by Vince »

Lynch's beautiful gift of a glorious art-mystery that will last our whole lives (and beyond) :D

Return to “Mr. Podcast”