All about Mrs Hawking!!

goodfellow408

All about Mrs Hawking!!

Post by goodfellow408 »

I luuuuuved this episode!!

First, I think it goes without saying that Mrs Hawking = Faraday's mom. One of the main indicators of this is that they both use the phrase "Then God help us all" in this episode. Also they had a similar style of writing on the chalkboard. I think it's a gimme.

She seems to be the guru of time; she's extremely educated about time anomolies, keeping the time continuum in tact, etc. Apparently she's able to calculate when time anomolies are going to occur, using a creepy pendulum to pinpoint it exactly.

It makes me wonder about when Desmond's conciousness time travelled and he ended up at the ring shop. How would Hawking's equations allow her to predict where and when Desmond is going to end up?! She was there waiting for him, and ready to correct his decision to keep him on the right path. It seems a bit farfetched that she is guiding him on the right path, and can track him through time jumps, but apparently she is able to do that.

The last scene was just sooo great. It was so creepy/spooky, and envoked images of demonic cults for me.

I think she is the author of Daniel's infamous journal, and passed it on to Daniel.

It also made me wonder... was SHE in charge of the Dharma initiative? Did she send her own team there to study time anomolies, and is now using the info from that research to course correct everyone?

Thoughts?!??!

--Josh--

Jen

Re: All about Mrs Hawking!!

Post by Jen »

Yeah, I agree about Ms. Hawking being Dan's mummy, especially since he gets cut off saying her name. But where and when is that conversation taking place? Are we supposed to thing that she is in LA, or that Ben has gotten to Oxford (im)possibly fast?

Jen

Post by Jen »

goodfellow408 wrote: It also made me wonder... was SHE in charge of the Dharma initiative? Did she send her own team there to study time anomolies, and is now using the info from that research to course correct everyone?

Thoughts?!??!

--Josh--
They Britons trying to cut off Juliette's hand-- Widmore's people pre-Dharma? Is this part of the "everything you have you took from me" line at Ben and the Blackrock and all that? Is Ms. Hawking also up against Widdy?

Vince

Post by Vince »

Keep in mind the connection: Widmore bought wine from the monks and the head monk is in a picture with Mrs. Hawking. The head monk sent Desmond to meet Penny but it was Mrs. Hawking who told Desmond he had to be in The Hatch to push The Button and dissuaded him from proposing to Penny.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

I loved this scene too, and my initial thought was that it was Danny's mom, but like Jen said above, not sure since this meeting should be in LA, and Dan says his mom is at Oxford. Of course Dan told Desmond that in the past, so I suppose he could be wrong. But then again, it was present day Dan that time-traveled to past time Desmond, so he should have a decent idea of where his mom is. But then again, present day Dan is really 3 years in the past compared to the Oceanic 6, so he is in the past (compared to Oceanic Desmond) when he tells hatch Desmond to meet his mom at Oxford. Lord, I'm not sure if any of that made sense, LOL. Either way, we should be finding out soon enough since Des is on his way to Oxford.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

Vince wrote:Keep in mind the connection: Widmore bought wine from the monks and the head monk is in a picture with Mrs. Hawking. The head monk sent Desmond to meet Penny but it was Mrs. Hawking who told Desmond he had to be in The Hatch to push The Button and dissuaded him from proposing to Penny.
Whoa, completely forgot about Hawking being in the monk picture.

David3

Post by David3 »

She looked to be in the basement of a church. Is it the same church?

David3

Post by David3 »

Deleted Post.
Last edited by David3 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodfellow408

Post by goodfellow408 »

I think that the basement of the church that Mrs Hawking was in is some kind of off-island Dharma hatch. It was the same type of old-school computer with green text that we often see in the hatches. Plus the basement of a church would be an excellent hiding place for this type of place. It seems like it must be in the US, since Ben was there. But I mean.. she does have a British accent so maybe she would normally be at Oxford, but quickly came to this off-island Dharma hatch after she found out the island had become unhinged in time.

And OMG... the conncection with Widmore buying the wine from the monk... and the monk having a picture of himself and Mrs Hawking. WTF?!?!

--Josh--

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

maybe ben took a wormhole from los angeles to oxford.

David3

Post by David3 »

It could just be that Dan's mom was in Oxford in 2004-05 and is now in L.A. at the present off-island time.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Maybe Dan, who may or may not age a la Alpert, has long been fascinated with Dharma. He asked his mom (Hawking, ruler of time and the universe) to send him back in time so he could either join the construction team that was building the stations or just infiltrate it. Perhaps the crazy drillmelting stuff going on was a diversion put in place by Dan.

Return to “5x02: The Lie”