Choo-Choo Tunnel

Could the rumors be true?
Vince

Choo-Choo Tunnel

Post by Vince »

OK, I thought it was a crappy throw-away line, too. But C & J got me thinking. Here's the lines:

AARON: Choo choo tunnel.
KATE: [smiling] No, I think choo choo knows better than that. He goes into that tunnel he's never coming back home.

Here's my interpretation: It's an analogy for returning to The Island (ie. tunnel = wormhole, teleport, time-warp, whatever). Just like Ben told Jack in 5x02, once they go they can never come back. The Kate & Aaron dialog indicates their differing feelings on the idea of returning to The Island. Kate fears going back (into the tunnel) based on the warning from Claire in her dream, legal restrictions, and her congenital need to run. Meanwhile, Aaron (in his Special-ness), is feeling it's a good idea to go back to The Island (for the choo-choo to go into the tunnel) even if it means never coming back.

I predict that soon we'll hear Aaron say, "I choo-choo-choose to go back to The Island." :)

Jen

Re: Choo-Choo Tunnel

Post by Jen »

I just did a coffee spit-take when I read that last line. Oh Vince, you're such a corknut.*

*In the book Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood (the only Canadian more amazing than Michael Hogan) the main character has watched a video of Alex the parrothttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_the_parrot asking for almonds and he calls them corknuts, which only makes sense if you have seen them in their shells http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mandel_Gr_99.jpg. Anyway, he is a kid at the time and starts calling people corknut as an insult and because none of the other kids have heard the term, they assume it is something really naughty and it becomes a fad. I just think it is cute.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

i had to explain to my office mate why i laughed out loud while reading the last sentence of Vince's post. :)

Atticus

Post by Atticus »

Okay, here's my theory. This scene was clipped from a longer one in which Kate was feeding Aaron. She was flying the food into his mouth saying, 'going in the tunnel". He then saw the train on TV and said Choo Choo, meaning the train, and tunnel meaning his mouth. Kate said, no if it went in that tunnel (his mouth) it would never come back out again. If you watch, she points and taps him on the mouth when she says 'that tunnel'.

David3

Post by David3 »

Deleted scene.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Time travel.

Vince

Post by Vince »

Production error.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

Bad writing

evephoenix

Post by evephoenix »

Wow - I am listening to the infamous "choo-choo tunnel" conversation for the first time - at work. I am now crying because I was laughing so hard, and I have to explain why. Thanks. :)

By the way, I'm enjoying the podcast as much as I ever did!

Return to “Podcast #51”