Claire's Mum (or Mom for you Americans)

Perry

Claire's Mum (or Mom for you Americans)

Post by Perry »

I realise they kind of needed Claire's mum in this episode to try and throw people off but I do hope that we never see her again, and they only hire Australians or people that can pull off the accent and it is approved by, I don't know, Emilie De Ravin maybe, if she's still working on LOST.
It's just bad.

David3

Re: Claire's Mum (or Mom for you Americans)

Post by David3 »

If she didn't already know, it's not going to take much to figure it out now.

Jen

Post by Jen »

it's funny that they cast Alan Dale, of New Zealand (or, as I like to call it, Diet Australia) to play a Briton, but they can seem to scrounge up a decent set of auxiliary actors from Australia, A COUNTRY THAT FIGURES PROMINENTLY IN THE SHOW. Can Baz Luhrman throw us over a few song-and-dance extras?

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yeh, he's from NZ, but from the south island (which is closer sounding to an Australian accent) and has worked in Australia a lot.
He even played the Australian Ambassador on the last episode of HBO's Flight of the Conchords, a show about an NZ duo living in NYC, and they as usual play with the rivalries between the 2 countries, similar to the US/Canada thing. Funny show if you haven't already seen it.

Don't get me started on Baz either. Strictly Ballroom and Romeo and Juliet were OK, but I had to turn Moulin Rouge off I nearly threw up and I haven't even bothered with "Australia". Hope you don't think that we in any way think that that movie is good. I hope they change the name of the movie when they release it on dvd so it's not such an embarassment. It and he is even a subject of ridicule by comedians here.
OK sry, I'll get off my soap box.

Jen

Post by Jen »

Perry wrote:Hope you don't think that we in any way think that that movie is good. I hope they change the name of the movie when they release it on dvd so it's not such an embarassment. It and he is even a subject of ridicule by comedians here.
No, I don't think anyone, anywhere thought that movie was good. I haven't seen it, and wont. However, like most Americans but especially Justin, I do have an obsession with your fauna and hope to someday domesticate a wombat.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yeh wombats are cool and cute, but dangerous too. They charge you and ram into you, if ur unlucky that is. Though like kangaroos, you don't see them much, unless ur in a particular area or a zoo of course.

Jen

Post by Jen »

Perry wrote:Though like kangaroos, you don't see them much, unless ur in a particular area or a zoo of course.
That's really disappointing, because youtube would lead me to believe that every office and most homes have one. I actually asked Justin last night if you would think I was stupid if I asked how common it is to actually have one as a pet, and if you could buy them at pet shops or pick them up at a shelter. This sparked a long conversation about what crazy, unique animals we have in the US, and the best one I could think of is an armadillo. (Justin nominated alligators, to which I proposed exhibit A: Paul Hogan, and exhibit B: Steve Irwin)

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well an animal that I would like to have as a pet (if trained properly of course) that's from the US is a grizzly bear.

Jen

Post by Jen »

Hahah! Yeah...
Seeing a grizzly bear in real life is about the scariest shit ever, tho. It has only happened to me twice (on vacation in the Rockies). You'd be better off with an armadillo, tho they can carry Hansen's disease.

Return to “5x04: The Little Prince”