Rousseau/Jin

Perry

Rousseau/Jin

Post by Perry »

Let me tell you what I was thinking as I watched this part of the episode and tell me if anyone else thought the same thing.
So as soon as they saw that wreckage on the beach, I knew it had to be Danielle's team. Then I saw the girl in the boat and thought that that could be her, but then they showed us the person floating and I thought that somehow she had got seperated when they abandoned ship and that that was going to be Danielle, and was talking to the show "OK OK, just show us that it's Rousseau, get it over with". Then Jin shows up and man, was I pleased that they fooled me there, even though on closer inspection it's clearly a man floating on the plank, or if I spoke French it wouldn't have been a mystery at all, kinda glad I don't speak French so it doesn't spoil the mystery and I can just look at the translation done by Lostpedia.
I kinda don't like that they expect us to believe he just floated close enough to the island after the freighter exploded to be in the Island's radius. I hope we see a flashback of Ezra James pushing him in.
Oh, and I hope that we're in this timeline for at least the entire next episode.

So how dumb do they think the LOST audience is, there was at least 10 clues to tell us who these people were:
Clue 1: It's storming, a good time for a crash (gotta have been good if you called it from that)
Clue 2: CHARLOTTE: "It's wreckage." (Most fans should know by now)
Clue 3: Locke kicks over the can with French on it (If not from Clue 2, definitely from this)
Clue 4: Locke says "Anybody speak French?"
Clue 5: Robert says "I told you so! We never should have followed those damn numbers!" (Only a clue if you know French)
Clue 6: Brennan says Montand's name (Can pick it up on 2nd viewing, but hard 1st time with the French accent and the rain)
Clue 7: The Numbers are playing on the radio
Clue 8: Rousseau is shown to be pregnant (Perhaps casual viewers wouldn't realise till now)
Clue 9: Rousseau says "Hello, Jin. I'm Danielle..." (Surely this was enough?...)
Clue 10: "...Danielle Rousseau." (But NO, they deemed it necessary to have her say her last name too. I'm sorry, but if you don't know who Danielle is, you shouldn't be watching LOST)

David3

Re: Rousseau/Jin

Post by David3 »

I unfortunately saw a guest star list that had a character entitled "young frenchwoman." I pretty much knew before the episode that we were going to see Danielle.

I didn't see it coming that it would be Jin floating in the water. The music told me it was going to be someone we know, but Jin didn't even cross my mind.

Return to “5x04: The Little Prince”