A way of Losties seeing themselves

Perry

A way of Losties seeing themselves

Post by Perry »

I just had an idea about a way in which the Losties could see/meet themselves, although anything more than seeing could get sticky.
All they have to do is jump to a time close to when they've already jumped to.
So as an example, Sawyer sees himself standing on a hill looking down at him, and then the Sawyer on the hill disappears.
Then later on, after jumps, Sawyer comes by that same hill and walks to the top, then looks down and sees himself looking up at him, and then he time jumps out of there.
This would be crazy, but they could do it if they didn't meet.

Oooooh I've got a better one, that would totally shock viewers, unless they read this post.
The group of six jump at the start of the episode.
They stumble across Rose and Bernard who are just arguing about nothing.
Rose and Bernard rejoin the group and they all then set off on an adventure for the episode.
Then a bright light starts to surround them.
The Losties put their arms up to their faces to shield the light.
Then just before they jump, we hear Rose say "What are you doing?"
The Losties jump but something is wrong... Rose and Bernard are nowhere to be seen.
We then realise that this whole time the group of 6 were interacting with a Rose and Bernard from another timeline (though a Rose and Bernard that were also experiencing jumps, so any conversations would not lead to this realisation)
Damn I like that. That would totally redeem the writers for just having those 2 disappear after the arrow attack.
Last edited by Perry on Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

David3

Re: A way of Losties seeing themselves

Post by David3 »

I really like it, but I think a lot of people would misinterpret it and cause them to jump up with crazy theories. They'd be like, "WTF, Rose and Bernard stopped traveling, they're stuck in time, Bernard must be Jacob, blah, blah, blah."

Perry

Re: A way of Losties seeing themselves

Post by Perry »

Hmmm yes it could be, but I have a solution. The 6 then run into the actual Rose and Bernard who are jumping with them who then recount their events saying they saw the 6 disappear. We have the "The Oceanic 6", they should be called "The Island 6". But I agree it would be a tad complicated, and I'm sure a lot of people are pretty confused already as it is.
But hey, I'd still like it if they did that.

Return to “5x04: The Little Prince”